Help Too Many Decisions And I'm Lost With Stocking

Marco Rodriguez

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
HI all,
Because I'm such an addict I snuck a tank into my college dorm. It's a 30 gallon. Now in the past my favorites have always been apistos and the classic GBR. I can't decide which I want in this tank!! I am building 2 very clear territories. the tank is set up sort of like a W so there are high points along the edges and up the middle of the tank, with all the high points having plants all around them (in theory) the plants are on their way (WOO) and my next issue is stocking.. Do I want a GBR pair or an apisto Pair? Can I manage Both? can I get 2 GBR pairs? or two Apisto Pairs? I've had lots of success breeding apistos which is what I want to use this tank for. but it would also be nice to finally successfully breed Rams. I'm so lost. Any advice/ opinions would be incredible! thanks!

Marco

NC122606

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Marco Rodriguez said:
HI all,
Because I'm such an addict I snuck a tank into my college dorm. It's a 30 gallon. Now in the past my favorites have always been apistos and the classic GBR. I can't decide which I want in this tank!! I am building 2 very clear territories. the tank is set up sort of like a W so there are high points along the edges and up the middle of the tank, with all the high points having plants all around them (in theory) the plants are on their way (WOO) and my next issue is stocking.. Do I want a GBR pair or an apisto Pair? Can I manage Both? can I get 2 GBR pairs? or two Apisto Pairs? I've had lots of success breeding apistos which is what I want to use this tank for. but it would also be nice to finally successfully breed Rams. I'm so lost. Any advice/ opinions would be incredible! thanks!

Marco
I do not see why you cannot have both! I say go for GBR and Apisto pair.

OP
Marco Rodriguez

Marco Rodriguez

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
NC122606 said:
I do not see why you cannot have both! I say go for GBR and Apisto pair.
Would they not fight if they started breeding wouldn't they start attacking?

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You may have a fight or they may get along. I've heard both things happen.

NC122606

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Marco Rodriguez said:
Would they not fight if they started breeding wouldn't they start attacking?
Could happen but if you provide clear territories you should be fine.

OP
Marco Rodriguez

Marco Rodriguez

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Guess I'll make the plant wall between them pretty thick and prey it works out :/ Thanks!

New Threads