Too Many Bloodworms!!

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by FishDoctor1, Mar 22, 2019.

1. FishDoctor1New MemberMember

Hello! This week I finally have a low-key, chill problem that doesn’t involve the traumatic death of one or all of my fish!! I have six platies, five Cory cats and a whole mess of baby and adult assassin snails (I’m a proud grandma and I love them so much!!). They all LOVE frozen bloodworms. I bought my first pack of them from my LFS a few weeks ago, and there are SO many bloodworms in each little portion-sized box. Like, four times more than I need! They don’t get eaten, and then I have a whole mess of decaying bloodworms ruining my water. How do I separate the bloodworm blocks into portion-sized segments without getting bloodworm juice all over my hands?

2. candiedragonWell Known MemberMember

Use a good knife and chop it into 4 mini blocks. Might be better to thaw them just enough so the knife wont slip and you hurt yourself.

3. FishDoctor1New MemberMember

Great! They will be having bloodworms tonight!

4. yukondogWell Known MemberMember

I've never been able to split them up without getting juice all over my finger, but than it does not bother me. But splitting them up is the only way to go. Good luck.

5. DuaneVWell Known MemberMember

I take a dixie cup and scoop up some tank water, grab the cube with tweezers and swish it around for a second, stick it back in the freezer and dump the water with worms back into the tank. You can also just tweezer the cube and swish it around in the tank for a second, but if you slip youre in the same boat you are now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice