Too High Of Temps? Tips On How To Lower Temp?

Panpan

I live in a tropical area so there is no heater in our 3.5 gal tank for our 1 betta. Now that it is summer time, the thermometer reads 86-88 degrees. During the day I turn off the light in the tank, and keep the lid off so it can cool. Today it was REALLY hot and I put floating ice packs in side the tank to help lower the temp. Does anyone have any other ways to lower the temp and keep it at a steady temp?

Also there was an incident this past weekend where my betta looked like he couldn't swim and was floating on the surface of the tank. His belly was enlarged so we did a 50% water change and did not feed for about 2 days. Since then he is doing just fine, eating, making bubble nests, he swims erratically.

Crimson_687

Since your tank is small you can move it to a part of the house that may have cooler temp- perhaps a room with fewer windows or better air circulation. You can use water changes to lower tank temp, but then you run the risk of temperature shock since the change won’t be gradual. Floating ice packs as you have done will definitely help

Cichlidude

You could try aquarium cooling fans.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• ap4lmtree
  • Heater
Replies
Views
Cichlidude
Replies
Views
Deborah Ross
Replies