Too excited to go back to bed :)

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff' started by Magoo, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Hello :)

I didn't know where to put this and it is just a thought :)

It's 8.22am where I am and it's my day off work but I got up to feed my fish as breakfast time is 8am and I try to keep them to a routine don't think they can tell the time but I like to keep to it anyway lol although I think maybe Mordin can he does get cranky if I am late, I am going to my LFS once it opens to pick up a beautiful new betta and I am ever so excited :)

I was wondering if anyone else gets overly excited on new fish day?

Usually I go to the store see if I fall in love and bring home a new fish if I have but this time my fish is waiting for me as he was special ordered for me by the owners son as a thank you so it's a kind if reversed situation.

It feels like Christmas to me and am way too excited to go back to bed for a lie in.

Please add your excitable fish related stories and ease my thoughts that I am just an excitable fish geek and hopefully not the only one :)

2. Eienna

EiennaFishlore VIPMember

Oh, gosh, you're not <3 you shoulda seen me when I first found out I could finally get fish :D Part of the deal was that I had to get our very very messy apartment under control and I did it in...about four days. Something I thus far had not managed.

And then when It was time to get Vegas. Hoo boy, I could hardly contain myself!

3. OP
    OP
    Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Lol hello Eienna :) I am glad I am not the only one :) the LFS doesn't open till 10am and I'm taking some of my male endlers to help there stock as mine are way more colourful so have to catch those yet too but I am resisting the urge to wake up my fiancé lol he can sleep for now ;)

I'm sorry I can't recall which of your fish is Vegas?

How are the kittens doing? Has your little brother named his yet?

4. Eienna

EiennaFishlore VIPMember

Was...Vegas...
    Sorry, not over that yet. T-T My gold nugget. Mom says maybe I can get a new one in January...and though I'm glad of that, I miss my beauty.

The kittens are terrific. :) Their names are Cosmo and Marie. My golden retriever, Smudge, helps look after them.

5. OP
    OP
    Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

I'm sorry Eienna you went through allot with the big tank I didn't realise you lost your nugget too I still mourn my lost buddies too.

On a lighter note I love the names :) I'm bet those little cuties are getting spoiled lol and smudge sounds like an excellent kitten guardian :)

36 minutes and the shop is open :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  6. Eienna

EiennaFishlore VIPMember

Haha. Hard to wait, isn't it? XD

7. OP
    OP
    Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Lol it really is I think I'm going to make some fresh coffee and entice Oliver's nostrils and that might wake him up hee hee maybe fry some bacon too and tempt him to get his butt out of bed so we can go get my new baby lol 26 minutes aarrgghh ;)

Definitely time to wake up Oliver :) and catch some little rascals

Well the coffee didn't work and have no bacon :( I think I'm just going to have to run off with the duvet (comforter) mwahahahahahaha the shop has been open 8 minutes

Oliver's awake yay now to catch some fish and off we go aroo

8. AquariaUK

AquariaUKValued MemberMember

Keep us posted! And remember, PICTURES!

9. OP
    OP
    Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

I'm back :) and I bought home a beauty :) he's just acclimatising now and once he has settled there will be lots of pictures lol

5 more minutes and in he goes :)

I have started a new thread in photos titled And introducing if you would like to see my new boy :D

10. AquariaUK

AquariaUKValued MemberMember

And.....?

11. OP
    OP
    Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Lol ninja'd check out my other thread my beautiful boy is revealed :D

12. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

Haha, there's a whole thread about how I actually lost sleep over Gambit. I saw him to the lfs, but didn't have any money. I got talking to one of the guys that worked there at the time, and he said a breeder was coming from two hours away to pick some of there fish for his breeding stock!!!! (the lfs used to breed their bettas in-store) I just knew that breeder would pick Gambit. So I went home, and pestered mom about him all night untill she said yes LOL Then it was finally time for bed, but guess who couldn't sleep? I was so worried that I would oversleep, and get there and Gambit be gone. So I was up basically all night tolling FL (back in the day when we had wifi lol). Got to the store just a few minutes after they opened and bought my boy :3

Can't wait to see pics of your new guy! :)

13. OP
    OP
    Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Lol I have been worried that he may have been sold by mistake but when I got there one of the guys had out a huge sign up saying sold to Sarah :) and there was a couple looking at him so I declared loudly there's my boy lol I'm so happy.

Your gambit is gorgeous :)

14. oscarsbud

oscarsbudWell Known MemberMember

Sarah, I know exactly how you felt. It's like being a little kid at Christmas time. When I finally found a place that sold angelfish that would live in my tank, I was panicking when I couldn't get there the day she said the black ones were due to arrive. I was so sure I was going to get there and they would all be gone. I had to wait almost a week before I could get down there because I couldn't think of a "real" reason to waste gas going to a store 45 miles when there are "perfectly good ones right close to home", and it practically killed me. I was so happy when I got there and was able to get her last 2.

I was just over checking him out. He is gorgeous.

15. OP
    OP
    Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Lol Lori your as bad as me :)

Thank you he is exploring his tank still I think he approves of my interior design ;)

16. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Not quite the same, but I've been fishing for more than 20 years, 6 professionally. To this day when I am going fishing for pleasure (versus work), I cannot sleep the night before.

17. luke355027355027Well Known MemberMember

When we go marlin fishing the night before i stay up till 2 with my buddy triple checking everything.

As for aquarium purposes waiting in the rain for a 160 gallon to get delivered for free

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice