Question Tons Of Questions/suggestions

thatoneguy99

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I don’t know how to title this but my question is this: is it best practice to ask lots of questions in one post? With tons of pictures and possibly video links.
Or is it easier to spread them out o we a few posts?

I’m mainly asking for the ease of replying to said post/posts.

Thanks for the help.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sometimes u can use the search bar and find most of your answers that way then if something doesn’t make sense I can always ask away there are people on at all times willing to help but some easy research will usually get your answers for u

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
When you have too many questions, some tend to get buried in all the replies and get ignored. If that's the case, and you try repeating them with no answers, then a new thread is acceptable. Just know the mods might merge them together at some point

OP
thatoneguy99

thatoneguy99

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You are definitely right and that is something I always try to do first.
It’s just that every tank is different, every equipment combo is different, every setup is different. So, sometimes I have lots of questions that are more specific to my setup or what I’m seeing in my particular tank.
I also let my questions pile up sometimes instead of asking them as they come along.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's dependent, if your questions are related it's best to have them all in one thread, but if they aren't separate threads are best. For example if you have a question about plants but also a question about a betta, those are two different areas of experience and to get the best answers it's typically better to have two different threads.

If you have a lot of questions in one area however, and you feel like they get buried or lost, I suggest at the end of the post numbering every question you have. This makes it much easier for people to answer. I know from experience if you ask 5-6 questions in one go with no listing of it, you typically only get 2-3 answered.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Is all good most everyone always has questions so if u start a thread on one or two questions u can always try to add a couple along the way without going too far off subject ... I posted something similar yesterday about talking one on one with specific people and I’m sure there are a ton of people on here willing to help where they can so that’s also an option. A chat back n forth moreso than a thread with say 10 different questions.. just another thought

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you have questions about different tanks I would make separate threads. People may get confused and answers end up all over the place . Good luck and ask away .

Nappers

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Different opinions on different questions could get a bit confusing so I agree it's probably best to keep them in categories, I personally prefer 4 or less questions in start of a thread or if it's all on an individual tank then I like a diary or log on the tank that would discuss various aspects.
That's just me tho.
I'm really curious what all your questions are now, go on just splurge them all out

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
thatoneguy99 said:
You think I should do it in here?
I wouldn’t, you likely will not get that many answers here and the mods will likely end up having to move things.

New Threads