Tons of bubbles in water?

1. Ap05 Well Known Member Member

Sorry to be asking so many questions but I've never had this happen before.

My tank water is almost cloudy looking because I have so many tiny to bubbles that look to be coming from my filters? They are penguin bio wheel 350s. The bubbles go all the way from the top to the gravel.

Any ideas on how to clear this up? Thanks guys!

2. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

Are the bubbles getting in the tank after you do water changes or are they always there?

3. Ap05 Well Known Member Member

They seem to always be there. They go up to the top and are making a small little bubble layer between the 2 filters as well.

4. Ap05 Well Known Member Member

May be hard to tell but here's a photo [​IMG]

5. poeticinjustices Well Known Member Member

I have the same filter. They do that. It's annoying. Trying raising your water level or baffling the filter a little.

Also, I've noticed Kordon products create a lot of fine bubbles. If you're using that, the filter would just be making bubbles of the Kordon.

6. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

Yeah, try raising the water level. The lower the water, the more splashing and oxygenation. The more oxygenation, the more bubbles.

7. Ap05 Well Known Member Member

Water level is above the filter and still happens. I guess it's just these filters

8. poeticinjustices Well Known Member Member

It is. Mine is super bubbly too. The Fish Protector doesn't help matters any either. I have the 200gph on my 20g long QT and the 350gph on my 29g. I baffled the intake with a sponge on the 200gph and I noticed it creates way fewer bubbles that way. I'd think there'd be more as the tank is shallow and it produces a lot of downward current but the prefilter sponge really makes the difference. My ranchus hang out under it no problem unless they get right under the output at the surface. And keeps the internal mech media nice and clean.

9. Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Ap05, what type of dechlorinator are you using? Overdosing dechlorinator can cause bubbling at the water surface and if added to the tank, inside the tank as it mixes

10. Ap05 Well Known Member Member