Tongue Coral!!

Discussion in 'Clownfish' started by zeeter, Apr 10, 2010.

1. zeeterWell Known MemberMember

I'm psyched! One of my percs has decided to host with a tongue coral! I've tried anemones and a long tentacled plate coral, but finally found something he likes. The other clown pokes around there every once in a while, too.

I'll post pictures later.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  2. Stang ManWell Known MemberMember

They can be picky fish!Lol That's good and will feed the coral alot. that's a good thang!

3. zeeterWell Known MemberMember

the weird thing is that I thought these guys were tank raised and gave up on them ever hosting anything. I have a long tentacled plate coral and was hoping they'd host there, but they picked the tongue, instead. I was obviously very excited when I saw this. I showed my kids and said "Look!" They said, "oh, neat Dad." Then went back to video games.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  4. Stang ManWell Known MemberMember

Well at least he found his companion. What type anenome have you tried?

5. zeeterWell Known MemberMember

A bubble tip, but he's not doing too well. Had him for a month and a half and he doesn't open up anymore. Keeps moving out of the light.

6. Stang ManWell Known MemberMember

Is this a seabae bubble tip?

7. zeeterWell Known MemberMember

Is there a seabae bubbletip? Those are leather anemones, from what I can tell. This is just your standard greenish-brown bubbletip. I dont' think my tank is mature enough for an anemone yet.

8. Stang ManWell Known MemberMember

can you get a pic and post it?

9. nemo addictWell Known MemberMember

clowns tank raised or wild caught will either host a coral or not, if it takes thats a good thing, I have 3 nems and mine took months to host , but they where just preffered to swim around, and now the problem i have is the female host one and the male host the other,, as the third nem no clown will host as its a atlantic and the clowns get stung by it and dont build up a slime coat to protect it from the sting,,,
    [IMGLINK]https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/members/nemo-addict/albums/new-tank-pics/11098-img0007a.jpg[/IMGLINK]
    [IMGLINK]https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/members/nemo-addict/albums/new-tank-pics/11102-img0015a.jpg[/IMGLINK]

As you can see from pics they have there own,, lol

10. zeeterWell Known MemberMember

Been a while, so here's an update. The clowns killed the tongue coral. About three or four weeks ago I bought a rather large rose bubble tip and he seems to be doing ok. Based on someone chastising me about too much lighting (won't mention any names *cough-stang-*cough), I've cut back to about 8 hours of daylight because he hides all the time. Hoping he'll come out now. When I first brought the anemone home one of the clowns immediately took to it. now they kind of hang out near it, but I wouldn't say they host it.

11. Stang ManWell Known MemberMember

:;laughing
    That's a good one man!!!!!:;swls

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice