Tongue Coral!!

Discussion in 'Clownfish' started by zeeter, Apr 10, 2010.

1. zeeter

zeeterWell Known MemberMember

I'm psyched! One of my percs has decided to host with a tongue coral! I've tried anemones and a long tentacled plate coral, but finally found something he likes. The other clown pokes around there every once in a while, too.

I'll post pictures later.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  2. Stang Man

Stang ManWell Known MemberMember

They can be picky fish!Lol That's good and will feed the coral alot. that's a good thang!

3. OP
    OP
    zeeter

the weird thing is that I thought these guys were tank raised and gave up on them ever hosting anything. I have a long tentacled plate coral and was hoping they'd host there, but they picked the tongue, instead. I was obviously very excited when I saw this. I showed my kids and said "Look!" They said, "oh, neat Dad." Then went back to video games.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  4. Stang Man

Well at least he found his companion. What type anenome have you tried?

5. OP
    OP
    zeeter

A bubble tip, but he's not doing too well. Had him for a month and a half and he doesn't open up anymore. Keeps moving out of the light.

6. Stang Man

Is this a seabae bubble tip?

7. OP
    OP
    zeeter

Is there a seabae bubbletip? Those are leather anemones, from what I can tell. This is just your standard greenish-brown bubbletip. I dont' think my tank is mature enough for an anemone yet.

8. Stang Man

can you get a pic and post it?

9. nemo addict

nemo addictWell Known MemberMember

clowns tank raised or wild caught will either host a coral or not, if it takes thats a good thing, I have 3 nems and mine took months to host , but they where just preffered to swim around, and now the problem i have is the female host one and the male host the other,, as the third nem no clown will host as its a atlantic and the clowns get stung by it and dont build up a slime coat to protect it from the sting,,,
    [IMGLINK]https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/members/nemo-addict/albums/new-tank-pics/11098-img0007a.jpg[/IMGLINK]
    [IMGLINK]https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/members/nemo-addict/albums/new-tank-pics/11102-img0015a.jpg[/IMGLINK]

As you can see from pics they have there own,, lol

10. OP
    OP
    zeeter

Been a while, so here's an update. The clowns killed the tongue coral. About three or four weeks ago I bought a rather large rose bubble tip and he seems to be doing ok. Based on someone chastising me about too much lighting (won't mention any names *cough-stang-*cough), I've cut back to about 8 hours of daylight because he hides all the time. Hoping he'll come out now. When I first brought the anemone home one of the clowns immediately took to it. now they kind of hang out near it, but I wouldn't say they host it.

11. Stang Man

:;laughing
    That's a good one man!!!!!:;swls