Tongue Coral!!

zeeter

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm psyched! One of my percs has decided to host with a tongue coral! I've tried anemones and a long tentacled plate coral, but finally found something he likes. The other clown pokes around there every once in a while, too.

I'll post pictures later.

Attachments

OP
zeeter

zeeter

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
the weird thing is that I thought these guys were tank raised and gave up on them ever hosting anything. I have a long tentacled plate coral and was hoping they'd host there, but they picked the tongue, instead. I was obviously very excited when I saw this. I showed my kids and said "Look!" They said, "oh, neat Dad." Then went back to video games.

OP
zeeter

zeeter

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A bubble tip, but he's not doing too well. Had him for a month and a half and he doesn't open up anymore. Keeps moving out of the light.

OP
zeeter

zeeter

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Is there a seabae bubbletip? Those are leather anemones, from what I can tell. This is just your standard greenish-brown bubbletip. I dont' think my tank is mature enough for an anemone yet.

nemo addict

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
zeeter said:
the weird thing is that I thought these guys were tank raised and gave up on them ever hosting anything. I have a long tentacled plate coral and was hoping they'd host there, but they picked the tongue, instead. I was obviously very excited when I saw this. I showed my kids and said "Look!" They said, "oh, neat Dad." Then went back to video games.
clowns tank raised or wild caught will either host a coral or not, if it takes that's a good thing, I have 3 nems and mine took months to host , but they where just preffered to swim around, and now the problem I have is the female host one and the male host the other,, as the third nem no clown will host as its a atlantic and the clowns get stung by it and don't build up a slime coat to protect it from the sting,,,

As you can see from pics they have there own,, lol

OP
zeeter

zeeter

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Been a while, so here's an update. The clowns killed the tongue coral. About three or four weeks ago I bought a rather large rose bubble tip and he seems to be doing ok. Based on someone chastising me about too much lighting (won't mention any names *cough-stang-*cough), I've cut back to about 8 hours of daylight because he hides all the time. Hoping he'll come out now. When I first brought the anemone home one of the clowns immediately took to it. now they kind of hang out near it, but I wouldn't say they host it.

Stang Man

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
zeeter said:
Been a while, so here's an update. The clowns killed the tongue coral. About three or four weeks ago I bought a rather large rose bubble tip and he seems to be doing ok. Based on someone chastising me about too much lighting (won't mention any names *cough-stang-*cough), I've cut back to about 8 hours of daylight because he hides all the time. Hoping he'll come out now. When I first brought the anemone home one of the clowns immediately took to it. now they kind of hang out near it, but I wouldn't say they host it.
That's a good one man!!!!!

New Threads