Tom's Tank Journal

1. hobo Member Member

My first Tank Journal and Set up of new 29gal

Started by adding the new gravel, after washing I placed it in the tank using the plastic bag it came with as not to scratch the glass. I then put in the water (well water) about half way up and added the 4 Tiger barbs from the old tank. After that I drained all the water out of the 10 and added it to the new tank, I took all the plants out put them in a bucket and added the old gravel to the new. Replanting was next on the list followed by a water top up. after that I took the aqua clear 200 I hade in my 10gal and placed it in the new tank along with the new Whisper EX30 .I also removed one of the pot scrubbers from the Aqua clear and placed it in with the Whispers new media, I’m not sure about the Whisper there isn’t allot of room for media and I won’t be using the cartridge filters I am going to use quilt bating as filter media will keep the bio-scrubbers though it is new to me but if it doesn’t have to be changed that often then all the better. I think I will keep both running so I can clean them alternately.
    After all that was over I popped into the LFS and got 4 more barbs after acclimating them they all settled in very well and are all eating and very happy

Pics to follow

2. hobo Member Member

Pictures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here are some pictures

IMG_4988.JPG

I'm not sure I like the rock arrangement my wife does not like it

IMG_4981.JPG

I think this is a Ozelot Sword

IMG_4985.JPG

Hygrophila corymbosa 'Kompakt'
    with Wisteria in the background

IMG_4984.JPG

and a side shot

IMG_4976.JPG

3. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to FishLore!
    I like the rocks but maybe if they were a little more off center and more randomly stacked they would ,ook more natural. A piece of wood would be nice too.
    Love the plants :)

4. cameronpalte Member Member

As above said I think it would look a bit better if they were in a more non-natural position. Other tha that, it looks great and congrats!

5. blu3dragon619 Member Member

thats a nice setup, clean and easy love it.