Toledo Ohio Area Do Not Drink or use the Water!! 8-2-14 Important

1. MrFishFood

MrFishFood Valued Member Member

The 8-2-14 8:30AM. Follow link for affected areas.

http://m.toledonewsnow.com/toledonewsnow/db/351324/content/S8F3WMTF

"DO NOT DRINK THE WATER. Alternative water should be used for drinking, making infant formula, making ice, brushing teeth and preparing food. Pets should not drink the water.

DO NOT BOIL THE WATER. Boiling the water will not destroy the toxins – it will increase the concentration of the toxins.

Consuming water containing algal toxins may result in abnormal liver function, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, numbness or dizziness. Seek medical attention if you feel you have been exposed to algal toxins and are having adverse health effects. Skin contact with contaminated water can cause irritation or rashes. Contact a veterinarian immediately if pets or livestock show signs of illness

TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) - The City of Toledo issued an urgent notice to residents of Toledo and Lucas County who receive water from the city of Toledo.

You are being asked to avoid drinking or boiling water.

Chemists testing water at Toledo's Collins Park Water Treatment Plant had two sample readings for microcystin. "

Any location that uses Lake Eire as a water source maybe affected. Please check with your local authorities.

Sent from my M470BSA using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. Adam55

Adam55 Well Known Member Member

Oh man...it's pretty bad when we can't even keep the water safe. Really, is there anything left for us to destroy on this planet?

3. endlercollector

endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

4. OP
    OP
    MrFishFood

My original link is broken. Endlercolloctor posted a good link.

Sent from my M470BSA using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Pretty scary.

Thanks for the heads up.

6. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Well Known Member Member

Horrible!

7. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

8. OP
    OP
    MrFishFood

The all clear was issued earlier today.

Sent from my LGL34C using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

9. garikapc

garikapc Valued Member Member

This was all over the Cleveland news albeit we were unaffected. The topography and hydrology of the lake really make it worse over to the west so it may happen again. Boo hiss

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app