Today we lost a good solider (sad)

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Hi everyone. Today we lost a good aquarium solider. It wasn’t a fish, invert, or even a plant. It was an aquarium pump. That may seem a little weird that I’m making a post about it but let me explain. This is the pump that has filtered my biocube aquarium (my first ever aquarium) since I got it 4 1/2 years ago and it has never failed me before. In a way without it I probably wouldn’t have all these tanks today as it got me through all the rough times of fishkeeping when I was still learning. I don’t know what happened but I think it simply had enough and was ready to retire. A replacement is on its way, but I’m not throwing this pump away. It’s going to stay next to the biocube for as long as I am fishkeeping. R.I.P biocube pump.
image.jpg

WrenFeenix

Well Known
I understand your sentiment. I still have my first filter (Tetra Whisper 10i), and it’s currently entombed in its original box in my fish storage cabinet. I have exhumed it once to cannibalize the impeller for my new 10i who’s impeller I broke by dropping it. It’s spirit lives on.

A201

Fishlore VIP
Isn't it funny how we can become attached to an "Old Faithful" piece of equipment.
I felt the same way about my 22 y.o. Marineland Emperor 280. It was limping badly but still running until last month, when I finally replaced it with a Marineland Emperor 400. I stuck with the time proven 400 model over the new Emperor 450.
They aren't making them any better.

New Threads