Today was the day!

1. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Misc. Cichlids 004.jpg

Misc. Cichlids 006.jpg

Misc. Cichlids 007.jpg

Misc. Cichlids 008.jpg I decided to turn my office into the official fish room of the house. So I broke down all my aquariums and reset them up in my office. I have the 20, 30, 40, and 60 gallon tanks. I have room for a 100 gallon tank in front of my desk and for a 10 to my right on a table. After that I can't buy anymore. Boo Hoo.:eek:

It is a lot more work to take them apart and move them than it was to put them together. When you put them together it is a little at a time thing in stages. Moving them lam blasts you everything at once.

Wendy

Does everyone out there like backrounds on the aquariums so you don't see all the cords and filters? Do you think it would make my aquariums look better?

Anyway what a Sunday.... work, work, work. But now I can sit in my office in the midst of the glory of all my fish and relax. While I relax and look at my fish, I can go on Fishlore.:;wv

2. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Looks great!

Backgrounds rock! I have them on all my tanks now lol

3. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Well Done!

4. ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

I just grow big live plants to hide the cords. :)

No need for a fake background for me.

5. nissan4life Member Member

Fantastic office! I don't like to see cords and the wall, etc. In the past I've either painted the back (on the outside) or taped on those glossy backgrounds. Filling up the background with plants is even better :) I would love to try a combination of paint and plants. I was thinking slightly murky trunks and limbs, like a flooded jungle, then fill the back with just the right amount of plants so the background is till visible. *sigh* maybe this year I'll try that lol

6. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

nice office!

I use the backgrounds to help keep the fish relaxed a bit. I have found it does help show their colors a little better. In my planted tanks I usually don't bother as the plants do most of the work for me.

7. Heather12404 Member Member

I have black backgrounds on my tanks for 2 reasons:
    1. It hides all the cords, etc.
    2. It makes my fish look awesome.
    So I highly recommend black backgrounds.

8. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Nice tanks!
    I have backgrounds also. The fish seem to be happier with than without.
    carol

9. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

great job!!! they look amazing...and I so agree that moving them is much more difficult than setting up LOL

I use wrapping paper for backgrounds...that way I can change the theme colors with whatever holiday/mood im in .....and its cheap with a ton of different styles :) ...any background will definitely change the entire tank

10. kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I have one "fake plants" background, and one of my tanks came with a black background. Unfortunately it's very hard for us to stick the sticky ones (spray with water, etc) on, because we have a cat, and try as we may you can never get a surface cat-hair-free...I agree that black backgrounds really accentuate the colors of the fish, and green plants and bubbles really seem to pop.

Your office looks great! I hope my office looks like that one day :)

11. nippybetta Well Known Member Member

Some one's been busy! Setting up new tanks/ moving them is such a pain, especially with all the water hauling. I hope you like your office now!