Today is a sad day and a happy day

Wrench

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So I came home fed the tanks all 3
Went outback to check on the 135 gallon.
I have algae!!!! Yay very stoked over this cycle,and it being outdoors is expected yes but still pretty sweet I think...so I go inside to grab the a.p.i kit to test the water of the big tank and my daughter(5) comes out and goes...sorry daddy your long skinny fish is dead...I'm all Stop lying...she goes...no ya daddy he was on the floor right here and was stiff like a pencil :( :( :( , bro my rope fish found a way...I have no idea how,found a way out of the tank and died....:( ugh....I feel like a bad aquarian right now this is 100% my fault ..dang, just dang...

Fisheye

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wrench said:
...I have no idea how,found a way out of the tank....I feel like a bad aquarian right now this is 100% my fault...
It looks like you did everything possible to prevent this tragedy so you can`t be a bad aquarian, right? Your fish just had different plans for the day.

I'm really sorry this happened. It sucks. I hope you can find solace in your other tanks.

yukondog

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Things happen, I once had a heater go bad and cooked the hole tank at 110 dig., tank dead.

Addictedtobettas

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It's amazingly horrific how the fish get into trouble we try so hard to prevent them from experiencing.
So sorry for your loss.

OP
Wrench

Wrench

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks guys, just stinks.....
On another weird note, I came over to my friends house and looked over his back fence,I'm tallish @6'2", And his backyard neighbor has a **** huge koi pond in his backyard with several 55 gallon tanks as sumps for filter media...its **** cool! , a lady came outside and I tried to talk too her and she told me to kick rocks....apparently some fellow fish keepers are jerks...still a dope set up. I'll try and sneak a pic before i leave hahaha

New Threads