Toad bit cat?

jamifids

Today when my cat was eating food outside I saw a cane toad near her plate. At first I was very frightened, but then I killed the toad with a stick. In the evening my cat was very nervous, I was worried if the toad had bitten him... I wanted to take the cat to the vet, but he has the day off today.

Lucy

Hi welcome t FishLore!
This is a fish forum. It would be a good idea to call a vet if ou are concerned, if not yours, maybe a emergency vet?

Cue

Hi there! First things first, on the off chance that the toad did bite your cat, nothing would happen. They are poisonous, not venomous.

Secondly, if your cat did bite the toad, there would be noticeable symptoms such as, over-salivation, pawing or licking at the mouth and vocalizing, swollen or red gums, vomiting/diarrhea and will eventually evolve into worse symptoms like stumbling, tremors, seizures, abnormal eye movements, difficulty breathing, and possibly death if care is not given immediately.

If your cat doesn’t have any symptoms, nothing probably happened. Still, you should contact your vet and either get the little guy checked out or have the vet clear it. I wish you and your furry friend well!

jamifids

Hi there! First things first, on the off chance that the toad did bite your cat, nothing would happen. They are poisonous, not venomous.

Secondly, if your cat did bite the toad, there would be noticeable symptoms such as, over-salivation, pawing or licking at the mouth and vocalizing, swollen or red gums, vomiting/diarrhea and will eventually evolve into worse symptoms like stumbling, tremors, seizures, abnormal eye movements, difficulty breathing, and possibly death if care is not given immediately.

If your cat doesn’t have any symptoms, nothing probably happened. Still, you should contact your vet and either get the little guy checked out or have the vet clear it. Are my animals safe from frogs? I wish you and your furry friend well!

Thanks for the advice. I've been to the vet. And it turned out to be a small toad bite:eek:. I was very scared, then the vet said there was no threat to the cat's life.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Kribensis27
  • Cat
Replies
Views
Cowardlyslimeball
  • Question
  • Olivia Janae
  • Cat
Replies
Views