To those with glasses...

1. jgon_ Well Known Member Member

...anyone as dumb as me?

This is the second time in a few months I broke my glasses. And just as the first time, again, I dropped my glasses and while trying to look for them ended up stepping on them. :;fru

Luckily the lens are intact, but the frames are broke. So now I'm sporting that ever embarrassing taped up glasses look until I can get a new pair whenever my insurance allows..

2. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

i am. my one and a half year old got a pair, twisted them and broke the frame. then somehow got a second pair, same thing. and then, even when i thought i was being careful, got my last pair and twisted them. i got them from her just before they actually broke. so yeah, me. first time, careless. second time, doh. third time, i'm a dummy.

3. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Hehe I tend to lose mine usually :p

4. Betafish305ca Member Member

i haven't broke mine as late, but in the morning i always take them off to shower and wash up, and then when i'm done getting dressed.... i run around my apartment for 20 minutes trying to find them...

5. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

I wore mine before I got my continuous wear contact lenses. Whenever I had my contacts out I had my glasses on, and one time I took them off, thought I put them beside my right knee, moved to get them and CRUNCH!!! Yes, they were by my left knee and got mushed! The frame was bent, the shop tried to fix them, but they are still squint, lucky I never need them now, I carry them just in case, but secretly hope no-one ever has to see my dodgy glasses lol

6. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

LOL that's why i got contacts, its cheaper on the long run :giggle: nah i remember when i was little and first got my glasses, y payed my classmate to break them for me so i wouldnt have to wear them, but then i found out i could get more... :mad:
    LOL

I havent broken my glasses in a loong time... because i dont use them :giggle:

7. Laguna Initiate Member

One day I forgot my glasses on top of my friend's car. He was driving and once we arrived at his place, I realized what I did. We went back to where we were, looked around hoping they were still at the parking lot somewhere on the floor. Unfortunately, my friend found them in the middle of the street all crushed by cars.:;laughing

8. gremlin Well Known Member Member

Mine get all scratched up from working outside. I can't wear contacts because my eyes are too sensitive. The last time I got glasses, I went to Costco and they were running a special - buy one pair get second pair half off. I brought home 4 pairs of glasses. I'm still on my first pair, but there is a nice long scratch acoss the right lens. Since I have a scar on my right cornea that makes it impossible for me to see anything other that blobs of color with that eye, my depth perception is totally messed up. I keep walking into things thinking that I am walking next to them. That's how my glasses got scratched - I walked into a low hanging tree branch. Left a bruise on my cheek and a nice deep scratch on my glasses. Oh well, I have 3 back up pairs!

9. mosin360 Well Known Member Member

Nope. I've never broke my glasses. Sure they get a tad scratched up here and there but never had to bust out the tape. :D

Thou, the shades addon has had a rough life. Dogs have popped out the lens a few times and there is little dots of white paint on them in spots so eh, they still work, just not exactly something I show of to people.

10. click Well Known Member Member

I'm a new user of glasses (< 6 months) and so far they only had one accident when I dropped them on my kitchen floor (which has tile) and thankfully they didn't break. My biggest problem is that I get prints all over them, I am not used having glasses and I get prints on them at least once per hour.

My husband, who had glasses almost all his life, never lost a pair or broke one. Now that's a record I doubt I will ever reach :)

11. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

My husband does that now and then. He sets them by the bed or couch as he's falling asleep, and accidentally steps on them in the morning.

We keep special super glue on hand so that it's easy to repair them. (This way you don't have to walk around with that silly tape holding them together.) :eek:

12. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Sorry I can't type I lost mine too. :;laughing I always keep them safe for now. hahaha

13. speed0factory Member Member

i had an advise, i use to broke my glasses too. then i found out that frame which is made of metal do break easily, that's why i had mine change to plastic frame.

firstly, plastic frame are cheap. secondly, they are now very fashionable. thirdly, they are very durable and they do not rust.

otherwise, you can try to use the contact lens. then you can never break your glasses again haha. another solution to your problem is that you can make 2 glasses one for doing sport or other stuff, the other is for meeting people.

14. theshiftys_jm Member Member

I don't wear per... *sigh* (it's 0130 am so i'll spell it hukt ohn foniks style...) Prea sktript schion glasses, but I do wear sunglasses. I spent an hour looking for the stinking things. Little did I realize I was carrying them around with me, along with the car keys I was also looking for.... 45 minutes well spent...

15. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning. I started wearing glasses when I was 3. I had eye surgery when I was 6 (came home from the hospital and had a brand new 26" red bike!) I've worn contacts for the past 33 years and only wear my glasses for a few hours every morning. Let's talk Bifocals. I can't wear my glasses with my bifocals and walk at the same time. Stairs:shock: are really scary! I take great care of my glass and my contacts too. As some of you know I don't like finger prints on my tanks and it's even worse to have them on my glasses.:giggle:
    :;eye:;eye
    Ken