To Those Who Use Finnex

1. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

Update, looking at the
    Finnex Planted+ 24/7 Fully Automated Aquarium LED too. Anyone with one of those please comment too.

---

I'm thinking of buying a Finnex Stingray for my 20 high. Would you mind sharing your experience(s) with it (good or bad) and maybe pictures of your tank if you use it?

Should I get a glass top?

Thank you!

2. scarface Well Known Member Member

I like it, but haven't used it with plants. I don't see why it couldn't work as a low tech planted setup if you choose. The light works for both rimless and rimmed tanks. If rimmed, you can forego the screw and remove the brackets by snapping it off (you can snap it back on, as well), so instead of it being fixed in one place--like it would need to on a rimless tank--it slides to where ever you want it. You don't have to use a glass lid, but I do. It helps a lot with preventing evaporation.

3. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

Thank you! Can I see a picture of your tank anyway to get an idea of what the light looks like if you don't mind? :)

4. scarface Well Known Member Member

Sure, no problem. They are both old pictures. The second pic is to give you an idea about not using the screws and inside brackets removed for rimmed tanks. image.jpeg image.jpeg

5. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

Nice! Thank you!

6. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

I'm looking at the Finnex Planted+ 24/7 Fully Automated Aquarium LED as well. Is it worth the money? It looks really neat with all the options for stuff!

7. scarface Well Known Member Member

No idea, as I don't have one, but hear a lot of good things about it. I do like the concept, as well.

8. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

It sounded awesome, for sure. For $80 though I want to be 100% sure it works well. Though it's only $30 more than the Stingray...

9. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

After reading a bunch of reviews, I think I'm going to go with the Finnex Planted+ 24/7 when I buy a light.

10. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

I'm looking into DIY CO2.

This could get dangerous.

11. AquaDud Member Member

If you are considering growing plants the finnex planted plus is a good choice, It should give you a high amount of light on a 20 high, It's great because you can dial down the power if it is too powerful. The finnex stingray is a good budget option for tanks under 12" in height to give low to medium light for growing plants.

12. scarface Well Known Member Member

You're right. I completely forgot about the stingray's limitations with taller tanks.

13. Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

I use the Planted+ 24/7. I really love it.

14. Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

Thank you!

Ooh, awesome! How is plant growth with it?

16. Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

I have only had it a couple of days so I don't have long term info but my anacharis has grown 2 inches in the three days under the light and my moss balls are greener. Hornwort also seems to be growing and greener. Waiting to see how the java moss does :) Anubias nana seems to be thriving too.

17. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

Wow, awesome! Definitely getting that one then! Thanks for the help!

18. Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

You are very welcome!