To the masses with MTS

mattmf1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
hi again, not sure where to put this, and it is just for my curiosity.

to the folks that have 5,6,7,+ tanks. do you have a room dedicated to tanks? do you spread them througout the house? just a nosy question as i see my self having a nasty case of MTS soon.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Welcome to Fishlore!

Nope, I don't have a room dedicated to tanks. I have a house dedicated to tanks There are tanks in every room in the house except for the bathrooms, hallways, and my daughter's room.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi Matt
My tanks are in what used to be called a living room. My husband says it looks like a fish store with a tv.
It's spilled over to my dining room a few months ago ;D

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Mine are basically everywhere. I might be moving (again) in a few weeks since my brother will be moving up to the city with me for Uni so I'll probably have to try and squeeze all but the big tanks back into my bedroom again but we'll see

Charlemagne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
There's one tank in the living room, one in the kitchen(although my mom has drawn the line at 1, and the stipulation for getting more tanks/fish is that they stay OUT of her kitchen!, and one in my bedroom. I personally kinda like having them all through the house, because then you can watch them while you are doing stuff, like I can watch the one in the kitchen while doing the dishes. I think they get looked at more than if they were all in one room, but I'm not an expert on that, having never had a fish room.

pepetj

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have a 40gal community tank in the living room, for all to see (including visitors) and then I have my fishroom (former home office) where I keep 11 tanks at the moment (from 4 gal to 145gal).

Pepetj
Santo Domingo

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I've "only" got 3.5 tanks (the 0.5 tank being the quarantine tank, since it's not up all the time), but they're spread out throughout the house. Two in the living room, one in the kitchen and the QT in the mud room. If I were allowed to get more, they'd be spread out throughout the house since we don't have one room we could turn into a fish room. We also live in a small house with small rooms so I'd have to get creative.

-Lisa

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
4 tanks(not including qt). one in the kitchen, 2.5g in my bedroom, 10g and 20g in the lower level.(not basement) i have a multi-level new house. the LL is huge. i'm planning on putting a 75 or 90g down there. because i think that would be awesome to have....and to make my husband mad. >

claudicles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
13 tanks and a pond. I have 8 tanks on built in shelves in my library. They are the Betta tanks. 400 litre in the lounge room. 150 litre in the living room. 150 litre in the office. 200 litre in the gym. 130 litre in the garage. I have a big house I have to admit.

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've only 3 tanks at the moment, 90g, 75g, 40g, but before I injured my hand I had 8, all in the living room. Trying to do waterchanges and maintenence on 8 tanks with one hand was too much work so I sold 5 of them. But I'm currently in the process of "restocking" my lounge with tanks, these ones I'm going to build myself though!

yallyall1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi, I only have 2 tanks... I live in a big house that is crammed with stuff all the time...

Therefore, anywhwere you can put a tank it goes there...

We were re-doing my room in January, so I decided to make my 10G opposite my bed Lets just say I made some room!

My (its really my mums, but I do the maintenace, she admires) other tank, 7.5G cube is in the dining room opposite the dinner table

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

I had my screen porch enclosed last year and made it my fish room. (Thanks Fishlorians!) 190 square feet. 265g, 29g, 26g, 6.6g, (and a pond outside). Doh! Is that something up my sleeve?

Ken

mattmf1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
thats some amazing tank listings. its funny how it starts out. i just wanted to get something small(thinking 10g) and simple for my son since we had to get rid of his rabbits(i am allergic and they gave him a rash). next thing i know i find an awesome deal on craigslist for a 46g tank and stand, and i still want bigger. i see these 125+ setups at the stores and i am in love. thanks for some ideas on placements though, you are awesome as always.

ExiledxAssassin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
well my bedroom is tiny and I gave up my computer for 2 tanks (30 & 10) lol and once I get more room... I'm gonna be getting a lot more!

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I spread them around the house. I've got 6 in the master bedroom, 3 in the extra bedroom, 4 in the living room and a bunch of empty tanks in the other extra bedroom.

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have a 10 gallon in the bedroom, 2.5 in the bathroom (it doesn't have a heater and that is the warmest, most stable temp room in my appartment) and a 55 gallon on the living room. I'm also trying g to decide where to keep my 5 gallon once I details idea what is going in it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom