To Rescape Or Not To Recscape? That Is The Question.

elwe1996

so I have 20 long that’s lightly planted with 1/2 inch of Seachem Flourite on the bottom, and 1 inch of sand to cap it. Most of my plants are doing well like my Anubias nana, Windelov Java fern, Java moss, and Rosseta sword. My Amazon swords and S. Repens on the other hand seem to be struggling a bit, especially the swords recently.

Most of the new growth my Amazon swords have look transparent and pale and kinda wrinkly. It looks very unhealthy, and I’m not sure if I should just replace it with something that would work better in my tank.

As for the S. Repens I don’t think I have enough light for it so it’s growing leggy, and not bushy how I would like. The only problem is I can’t replace it until the fry that are living in it have grown up.

As for my tech and what I dose, I have a Aqueon 30-36 inch optibright, I dose Florusih twice a week, and I’m going to be adding some more Flourish root tabs this Sunday.

I’m adding a few pictures in hopes that helps a bit, and I do have some fake silk plants in there to try and offer the fry some more hiding places.

Attachments

• D6D095D0-A9D6-458F-82F8-3D9DFCF106AA.jpeg
    D6D095D0-A9D6-458F-82F8-3D9DFCF106AA.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 99

wrs2

Go to a craft store and get a small ceramic pot or clear glass candle vase. Dirt the bottom with organic potting soil. Cap it with the same substrate. Put it in the tank and plant the swords in it. They will grow so much better.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mrsP
Replies
Views
Tigerburp
Replies
Views
Fishproblem
Replies
Views