To Plumb The And Or Too Not

1. 8

83jase Valued Member Member

Sorry for the auto text tittle lol

I have a 4ft thinking of plumbing it up through couple bulkheads at the bottom save running 2 inlets and 2 outlets keep it neater looking plus when my 2x fluval 306 die I'm going sump or a fx5 that would be decided later to where and what direction I'm traveling then next question is what paint can i use to paint the tank internal pipes black that's safe p.s. I'm in Australia

Love to hear everyone's input on positives and negatives on doing so

The inlet will be short covered with very course pre filter so I'll loose my surface skimmer and the outlet I'm unsure was thinking a vertical spray bar to get even circulation

Please appreciate any input tia

2. OP
    OP

Anyone? Surely someone here has experience with drilling and plumbing tanks

3. wodesorel

wodesorel Well Known Member Member

I got a seriously cheap brand new 90 gallon for my reptiles that someone had cracked while drilling for salt. My experience has been very positive.

Seriously though, it works or it doesn't - have a backup plan if you are going to do it yourself!

4. OP
    OP

Thanks for that the Shop won't gaurentee it either bought the tank through em Though he made it clear has done countless amounts sizes and different locations with no issue only backup plan is new bottom at my expense cant fix cracked glass been watching you tube clips looks easy to do bit actually doing is a different kettle of fish

Just wondering it really worth it for fresh water