To net or not to net?

Do you use a net for your betta fish?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Debbie1986

I was watching a aqua scaping video on you tube & the way the betta was netted made me think about it.

After dealing with illness this past year with Bettas, I do capture mine by *cup or by hand. I avoid netting because of slime coat.

Seeing this done ( pure observation vs me doing it) really showed me why it's an issue ( the guy had to really force the fish OUT of the net, not a gentle release)

* I use a Betta cup so there's no contact to slime coat, gently ease Betta in via scooping them up with their tank water.

FishGirl115

I try not to very often. Although occasionally I do

Betta'sAnonymous

I typically get them with a cup. Though i havent had to get one of them for over a year so i am probably out of practice now

AquaticQueen

I use a cup. Nets can damage a betta's fins.

Keenamoss

I haven't had to yet except when moving from the petshop/acclimation bag... betta cup sounds interesting.

Betta'sAnonymous

My betta cup last time was just a red Solo cup...wider mouth for easier scooping

Keenamoss

Oooh a literal cup but used for bettas :) love it.

Fisch

I still have the clear plastic cup he originally came in. As it is clear he is not freaking out as much and all is going smooth.

ValkyrieLips

I've only had to remove my betta from his tank once to re-scape and change the substrate and the cup method really worked for me. I wanted to give it a try and it worked wonderfully. I didn't have to chase him too much, and he stayed surprisingly calm the entire time. 10/10 recommend.

Rose of Sharon

I use a plastic Glad container used for holding leftover food; I just put it right under them and lift up. No problem at all! I get enough tank water for them to be comfortable in that way, too.

Top Bottom