To many veggies?

PhishFor20
I put some pea's in my tank the other day and my fish loved it! I was just wandering how often I should give them a treat like this. Everyone has said to only feed them once a day, or two small amount a day. So would having some veggies in the tank everyday be bad? Over feeding? Is it more of a treat type of thing to only do once a week? Thanks

Blub
Hi!

Around 2-3 times a week.

angelfish220
If you are breeding vegs everyday seems to do the trick for me every time. I alternate between live food and vegs. this is my feeding schedule

Mon- flake food
tues- 1/2 flake 1/2 veg ( I change vegtables, sometimes peas, zucini, baby spinich, lots of different stuff. I find that if it is easy to eat, they eat it.)
Wed- flake
thurs-1/2 flake 1/2 live or frozen ( depends on what I feed them, misquito larva-live, bloodworms- frozen, brine shrimp- eather)
fri-flake
sat- veg and live
sun- fast

COBettaCouple
I think you could feed veggies to your fish every other day, maybe more but I'd try to change veggies on them so they don't get too much of any one veggie. We feed our fish 2x a day, each feeding we give them 1/2 of what we'd feed them in a day. I like to split it into 2 feedings so they get more chance to digest their food.. and it's fun to feed them. Some people will split the day's food into 3 feedings even, giving 1/3rd each time.

PhishFor20
Thanks!

angelfish220
If you are breeding vegs everyday seems to do the trick for me every time. I alternate between live food and vegs. this is my feeding schedule

Mon- flake food
tues- 1/2 flake 1/2 veg ( I change vegtables, sometimes peas, zucini, baby spinich, lots of different stuff. I find that if it is easy to eat, they eat it.)
Wed- flake
thurs-1/2 flake 1/2 live or frozen ( depends on what I feed them, misquito larva-live, bloodworms- frozen, brine shrimp- eather)
fri-flake
sat- veg and live
sun- fast

I didnt phrase this correctly, I feed 2 times a day, ex: tues morning- flake tues evening- veg. Whenever one food is listed they get that both feedings

Gunnie
What species of fish do you have in the tank?

PhishFor20
lilsoccakid
is this tank cycled?

PhishFor20
Man you guys are good about making sure peoples tanks are cycled, lol. Every time I post I get asked that, its good though. I'm in the process of cycling, getting some biospira next week to speed up the process when the pet shop gets it in.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
chrt396
Replies
Views
MaximumRide14
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views