to bubble or not to bubble

Discussion in 'Air Pumps' started by llfish, Jan 4, 2013.

1. llfish

llfishWell Known MemberMember

Hey there!

I am setting up my 75g today! I am seeding it with the contents (except water) from my 29 g. We decided to take back the canister filter we had for the time being and put that money towards a good skimmer for my saltwater tank and use the saltwater tanks hob filters on my 75g. Anyway, I am going to have 2 hob filter on my 75..a cascade 300 and a cascade 200. I will have about 10 live plants in there a huge driftwood and so on. My question is in all my tanks I usually have an air stone I am not a fan of them but do it of course to give fishies a well oxyginated home.

With 2 hob creating surface movement will I need an air stone or will that movement be enough?

2. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

I don't use airstones. Usually, they are more for looks than anything else, of you have a good filter and surface movement.

3. Matt B

Matt BWell Known MemberMember

I agree with Akari, more often than not they are mostly aesthetic. However, if you want to use one I would hook it to a sponge filter in the main tank to act as a seeded hospital/qt filter.

4. OP
    OP
    llfish

llfishWell Known MemberMember

Awesome! Ty ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice