To All The Star Wars Fan

1. Ankers

Ankers Well Known Member Member

thinking about making a cold water Hoth tank what do you think?
    Usually go for a natural look but a Hoth tank would just look so cool

2. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

Dude, go for it. Would be epic. What would you stock it with?

3. OP
    OP
    Ankers

Butterfly loaches and dojo

Maybe goldfish

4. MattS99

Nice. What size will the tank be? Assuming you do it.

5. OP
    OP
    Ankers

40 probably

Maybe 55 if I get the dojos

I can't find any Star Wars tank ornaments though

6. MattS99

There's a way to make legos fish safe, but legos are a bit pricey. If you have cash, it's a viable route.

7. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

That tank would have to be a 75g at the bare minimum to house a few dojo loaches which they need to be in groups of atleast 3+, also hillstream loaches are pretty hard to care for , they require Prestine water conditions , Turnover should ideally be 15 times per hour so additional powerheads, airstones, etc would be needed for sure, they also need to kept in groups of 6+ to really see it's most interesting behaviour, you would need to grow algea in a separate tank to feed them as well.

also not a good idea to have goldfish and hillstream loach , goldfish have huge bio loads and that's the exact opposite of what hillstream loaches need , also the heavy current would just toss the Fancy goldfish everywhere.

sorry if I burst a bubble.

8. OP
    OP
    Ankers

I'm 14

I can't always work

9. BHK3

BHK3 Well Known Member Member

Since Hoth is mostly a greyscale landscape, what would you use for substrate, decorations, etc? White sand and some white sand covered caves for the hideout? Maybe another cave with an action figure of Luke hanging upside down? Fish love caves!

Personally I think a Dagobah tank with a bunch of trees and moss and a crashed X-Wing just peeking out through some plants would be insanely cool. :-D

10. MattS99

There's some Dagobah tank vids on Youtube, I'm prettty sure. I'd want to go for a Mustaphar tank, try to make a volcano and everything.

11. BHK3

BHK3 Well Known Member Member

You know how some people do amazing sand waterfalls in fish tanks? Imagine that, but with bright red and black sand rolling out of a volcano.