Tis the season (post your holiday pics here) 60 Gallon Tank 

tunastrack

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Lovely trees guys!! Thanks for sharing!!! By now with 6 cats and 2 kids ours needs an overhaul..lol..

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
tunastrack said:
Lovely trees guys!! Thanks for sharing!!! By now with 6 cats and 2 kids ours needs an overhaul..lol..
I think our cats have learned NOT to get near the tree or a mysterious LOUD bike horn gets sounded!!! LOL - The kid, well.... thats a different story... lol - actually, he doesn't really go near the tree anymore...

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

Keep the photos coming! Some beautiful trees and decorations folks!

Links of interest:

I probably have enough Fish ornaments to do an entire tree. I always receive fish ornaments for Christmas from friends and neighbors and Chef. Maybe I'll do a fish tree next year. (remind me) This year, I wasn't in the mood to pull all of the Christmas decorations out so I'm buying new! Keeping it plain and simple this year.

If anyone lives in or near Charlotte, NC, JR's usually has fish ornaments. I found a good many there while traveling over the years. Too, Pier 1 Imports has them. I have even found some at Food Lion couple of times. Check stores and shops that you wouldn't think would carry them. You might be surprised.

Myrtle Beach, SC has a great Christmas Shop with fish ornaments if anyone is in that area. Luckily I have Ye Ole Christmas Shop here in Hootersville.

Christmas shops/stores will be your best bet!

Ken

tunastrack

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
petlorilea said:
View attachment 101786 we live in a doll house, so this is our Christmas decor
View attachment 101787 although this only lasted 2 days....then I took it to work because of Amos, a giant kitten. We've changed his name to A-Mess. He's barely a year but as you see, he's quite comfortable making every shelf (and aquarium top) his personal space.
View attachment 101788 We would LIKE a tree, but we LOVE him *sigh*
Awwww....Finding a cat with such a BIG personality can be a very lucky find. So I see why you would choose him over the tree. He is absolutely stunning!!!...You should dress him up like I do my boys...lol

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ken you can find Christmas ornaments, especially fish/ocean/beach themed all year round in Myrtle Beach LOL.

These are pics from last year but they still apply since the decorations are the same every year. We have another live tree as well, but I haven't gotten a pic of it yet.

And here is the tree outside lit up under the stars.

I'll get some more, the bushes out front have lights on them, candles in the windows, wreath on the door, etc.

Disc61

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
And here is the tree outside lit up under the stars.

I'll get some more, the bushes out front have lights on them, candles in the windows, wreath on the door, etc.[/QUOTE] very nice Picture

Disc61

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
OK, i will share. BUT, i must give credit where credit is due, although I set the tree itself up, my 2 granddaughters (8 and 10) done all the decorations, including around the fireplace and the christmas village you can barely see. I think they really done a great job.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi Matt! Beautiful tree!

You are right of course about ornaments in Myrtle Beach. If nothing else you can buy the shells, sand dollars at some of the t-shirt shops and create your own. I think it's the Christmas Mouse (store name) in Myrtle Beach that I really liked.

Disc...yes, they did a great job!

Thanks Magoo! I hope to re-pot the tree in the early Spring and use it again next year. We'll see.

Ken

insole92

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
didn't have room for a tree this year so i decorated my fish tanks
20121214_152648.jpg
20121213_220215.jpg
on the small one i used gold rapping paper for the background

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator