Tips Plz-snail Tank

1. p

phantom Valued Member Member

I want to start a Malaysian trumpet snail/ rams horn tank any tips,on how to get them to multiply like crazy

2. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

Provide a ton of food, stable water, and nutrients they need to keep good shell growth and you will have an explosion in 2-3 weeks time (pretty much the amount of time it takes to visibly see them), i would use sand for the MTS as they will burrow in it. They like to come out after dark, fresh veggies like carrot, sweet potato, zucchini, and other calcium rich veggies are most popular with the snails you want.

3. toran

toran Valued Member Member

Feed 'um, LOL. I say that because when people have a snail population bloom in the tank it's because they are overfeeding.

Why are you starting a snail tank? I ask because I just bought 2 pea puffers. They are so adorable. I'm thinking about what I want to do about the snails.

4. OP
    OP
    p

I want to breed them and sell them :)

5. Hunter1

Hunter1 Well Known Member Member

I have a 5 gallon I threw all of my pest snails into. I have 3 kinds, not sure what except mts.

Just feed daily, tons of snails and eggs.

6. Jellibeen

Jellibeen Valued Member Member

Once the rest of my tanks settle i plan on keeping a small snail bowl so i can give my zebra loaches a fresh supply of snails.

7. OP
    OP
    p

any pics sounds cool! :)

8. Mick Frost

Mick Frost Valued Member Member

I heard a story a while back about having had MTS breed like mad after being frozen in a paint pail full of bleach for 6 months... I don't condone or recommend anything of the sort, but I don't think they need any help.