Tips Plz-snail Tank

phantom

Valued Member
Reaction score
I want to start a Malaysian trumpet snail/ rams horn tank any tips,on how to get them to multiply like crazy

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Provide a ton of food, stable water, and nutrients they need to keep good shell growth and you will have an explosion in 2-3 weeks time (pretty much the amount of time it takes to visibly see them), i would use sand for the MTS as they will burrow in it. They like to come out after dark, fresh veggies like carrot, sweet potato, zucchini, and other calcium rich veggies are most popular with the snails you want.

toran

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Feed 'um, LOL. I say that because when people have a snail population bloom in the tank it's because they are overfeeding.

Why are you starting a snail tank? I ask because I just bought 2 pea puffers. They are so adorable. I'm thinking about what I want to do about the snails.

phantom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Feed 'um, LOL. I say that because when people have a snail population bloom in the tank it's because they are overfeeding.

Why are you starting a snail tank? I ask because I just bought 2 pea puffers. They are so adorable. I'm thinking about what I want to do about the snails.
I want to breed them and sell them

Hunter1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a 5 gallon I threw all of my pest snails into. I have 3 kinds, not sure what except mts.

Just feed daily, tons of snails and eggs.

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Once the rest of my tanks settle i plan on keeping a small snail bowl so i can give my zebra loaches a fresh supply of snails.

Mick Frost

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I heard a story a while back about having had MTS breed like mad after being frozen in a paint pail full of bleach for 6 months... I don't condone or recommend anything of the sort, but I don't think they need any help.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom