Tips on selling aquatic plants?

Cowardlyslimeball

Hi guys!
So I'm upgrading my tanks and getting a UV light and plants for my 40 gallon, as well as some floater plants.
I plan on selling trimmings if I can, so any tips? I know the basics but you veterans probably know all the details. ;)
What do you like to ship them in and how? What temperatures are to low or to high to ship in? Any help will be much appreciated!
Thanks!

mimo91088

I don't ship mine often. Mostly use local Facebook groups, that way the transaction is cash money and Uncle Sam doesn't come sniffing around looking for his cut.

Upvote 0

FishPlanet

Hi guys!
So I'm upgrading my tanks and getting a UV light and plants for my 40 gallon, as well as some floater plants.
I plan on selling trimmings if I can, so any tips? I know the basics but you veterans probably know all the details. ;)
What do you like to ship them in and how? What temperatures are to low or to high to ship in? Any help will be much appreciated!
Thanks!

Hello Cowardlyslimeball! I soak a paper towel and wrap the plants in there. Then, I put the plants in a Ziploc bag. I then put the Ziploc bag with the plants into a box and ship them.

Upvote 0

NearMeBettas

Buy some bulk bags online for fish, rubber bands, and small zip ties,

Pop a piece of wet, unscented (yes, some paper towel has an odder to it), paper towel into the bag and punch it to the bottom, pop you plants in CAREFULLY, blow into the bag, twist the top, tie it in a knot, rubber band it bellow the knot, double bag it upside down to prevent leeks, then zip tie the second bag shut after knotting it shut. Ship it via 3 day mail or overnight only if requested, but give the option. Get the smallest box the plants can fit in and line the inside if the box with foam sheets. Marking it live or fragile is a personal preference.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Bruinfishkeeper1
  • Question
Replies
Views
AcornTheBetta
  • Question
Replies