Tips on Accepting MTS

Rachaeljuno
Well, I knew it would happen sooner or later. I already want another tank, even though I have no more room lol (or money). My mind has it all planned out though with exactly the fish, decor, tank, stand, etc. How do I tell my mind to stop????

jdhef
Oh that's easy...you can't.

Betta'sAnonymous
You don't! Eventually you will start re-arranging stuff and getting rid of stuff to fit the aquarium...

Basil
Please pardon my laughing reaction but so many of us are there! .
it’s useless to resist, just go with it lol!

Rachaeljuno
Ahhhh see I feel like that was exactly the response my MTS brain wanted, but not the response my logical brain wanted haha. I'll tell you all the setup because I think it would be pretty cool:
20 Gallon long with one of my bettas in it (HM Opal Male a.k.a. the most chill betta I've ever had who didn't even care if his former (I say former because they escaped out of the tank like 2 months ago and I still have no idea where they ended up) shrimp friends used him as a launch pad) with some like tetras or cory's or something and heavily planted with some dragon/ohko stone and driftwood and like natural colored sand. And then I'd get another betta to put in his current home (I already know exactly which one and he's still for sale)... I'm getting carried away...
The main problems with this:
1: I have no job which means no extra money
2: My room is SO SMALL
3: My parents
4: When I move back to college in the fall the limit is 25 gallons and I'd be at 30
5: If I get another tank I'm going to want another tank soon after

Also, I now will be going back to Facebook Marketplace to find cheap tanks and aquarium plants

Betta'sAnonymous
Logic? No logic involved, here!! We are too far gone into fish-crazy land!

SotaAquatics
So, my advice is to convert a spare bedroom (or your parents'), preferably on ground floor into a fish room, easy access to a utility sink is a plus. This way, all you do is close the door, and poof, you can tell your brain you have no tanks. Just remember to go in and check on everything and enjoy your fish every few minutes.

No one at college is going to come measure the gallons you have, as long as you don't get anything like a 40 breeder or larger, they wont be able to tell! But don't take my word on that... I come from a family of getting kicked out of college for one reason or another....

JettsPapa
Rachaeljuno said:
Well, I knew it would happen sooner or later. I already want another tank, even though I have no more room lol (or money). My mind has it all planned out though with exactly the fish, decor, tank, stand, etc. How do I tell my mind to stop????
I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place to ask that.

Basil
Hmmm, parents may be a problem lol!
Although parents saying “no” may have been a good thing tor me! Instead I have a spouse who says “ok” to just about everything I propose!

carsonsgjs
I dont think being a member of a forum helps at all. I mean, i had 3 tanks before i joined fishlore but now i want about another 30. Seeing everyone elses tanks makes you a mixture of jealous and curious.

im having a new bathroom installed at the moment and ive found myself often thinking of ways to fit a tank in there as part of the build. I even suggested it once - didnt go down well. Apparently seeing fish poop being siphoned into a bucket wouldnt make for a relaxing and soothing soak in the tub!

Rachaeljuno
SotaAquatics said:
So, my advice is to convert a spare bedroom (or your parents'), preferably on ground floor into a fish room, easy access to a utility sink is a plus. This way, all you do is close the door, and poof, you can tell your brain you have no tanks. Just remember to go in and check on everything and enjoy your fish every few minutes.

No one at college is going to come measure the gallons you have, as long as you don't get anything like a 40 breeder or larger, they wont be able to tell! But don't take my word on that... I come from a family of getting kicked out of college for one reason or another....
If only we had a spare bedroom D: Because yes that would be done in about .2 seconds. Unfortunately my sister has the biggest of the kids rooms in the house, probably 2.5 times the size of my room.

JettsPapa
Basil said:
Hmmm, parents may be a problem lol!
Although parents saying “no” may have been a good thing tor me! Instead I have a spouse who says “ok” to just about everything I propose!
I wish I had one of those. I have a spouse, but she knows how to say "No." (Not to fish stuff, but . . . never mind.)

carsonsgjs said:
. . . im having a new bathroom installed at the moment and ive found myself often thinking of ways to fit a tank in there as part of the build. I even suggested it once - didnt go down well. Apparently seeing fish poop being siphoned into a bucket wouldnt make for a relaxing and soothing soak in the tub!
I have two tanks in our bathroom, a 40 gallon breeder in the corner on a stand and a 5.5 beside it on a chest of drawers. It's a big bathroom.

StarGirl
I think I am the lone Fishlorean without MTS.....lol

JettsPapa
StarGirl said:
Suuuure you are.

Dunk2
StarGirl said:
Let me rephrase that for you. . .

You are the lone Fishlorian in denial about having MTS.

You’re welcome.

Batmantheanglefish
Once you have it there’s no getting rid of it....

StarGirl
Basil knows me best.....The rest of you dont. lol

Basil
StarGirl said:
Basil knows me best.....The rest of you dont. lol
It’s true. If she could bottle that stuff (resistance to MTS) she’d make a fortune lol!

Rachaeljuno
Basil said:
It’s true. If she could bottle that stuff (resistance to MTS) she’d make a fortune lol!
StarGirl teach me your ways haha!

Celestialpearl
My best advice to you is to go vertical. Look up on youtube how to build aquarium stands. Make two with 2x4s, paint them. This way you can get away with having two in your room. Plus you could take the other stand to college or just make one and take it back and forth. This will be particularly helpful in the dorm (unless you are in an apartment or house) I imagine it can't be much larger than your bedroom. Keep in mind it is a shared space, so having a neat stand for two aquariums may be better accepted by your room mates and RA.

I doubt you will have an RA or anybody that picky about tank size. Just tell them you have a 10 gal and 15long. They have plenty of other things to be on the lookout for.

AcornTheBetta
Rachaeljuno said:
How do I tell my mind to stop????
Say last one even though you know you'll be getting another one soon.

Fisch
JettsPapa said:
I wish I had one of those. I have a spouse, but she knows how to say "No." (Not to fish stuff, but . . . never mind.)

I have two tanks in our bathroom, a 40 gallon breeder in the corner on a stand and a 5.5 beside it on a chest of drawers. It's a big bathroom.
And I thought I was the only nutball with an aquarium in the bathroom, granted it is only a 12gl QT (though the name QT is an excuse)....hey...there is an idea. You kust need another QT

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom