Tips For Plants?

Bruxes and Bubbles

I'd go with root tabs if you can only get one. The Amazon swords usually need them. Wisteria grows roots so it should be able to use it. Anacharis and Java Fern should be okay with or without ferts.

Not too sure about the tropica Fern or the banana plant though.

Otto_the_oto

I've got an Amazon sword, a tropica fern, a java fern, and a banana plant. In a few days some anacharis and wisteria will arrive. What should I use to make them thrive? I've kept them for about 4 weeks now and they're doing great without c02 or fertilizer, but I feel like I should add to make them stay healthy. Iron? Any brand of fertilizer? Root tabs? Not too familiar with plant care

Joshua Gonzalez

I've got an Amazon sword, a tropica fern, a java fern, and a banana plant. In a few days some anacharis and wisteria will arrive. What should I use to make them thrive? I've kept them for about 4 weeks now and they're doing great without c02 or fertilizer, but I feel like I should add to make them stay healthy. Iron? Any brand of fertilizer? Root tabs? Not too familiar with plant care
eventually they will stop doing good, I suggest flourish, flourish excel, and if the amazon sword isn't doing well please add Flourish iron!

Bruxes and Bubbles

Thrive by Nilocg was recommended to me for my liquid fertilizer. It's all in one and easy to measure. Mine is coming in the mail today.

For root tabs, I use Osmocote fertilizer inside of pills. I make them myself, but you can buy them cheaply off EBay or the BSTF forum as well if you don't want to make them.

image.jpg

Otto_the_oto

eventually they will stop doing good, I suggest flourish, flourish excel, and if the amazon sword isn't doing well please add Flourish iron!
Thrive by Nilocg was recommended to me for my liquid fertilizer. It's all in one and easy to measure. Mine is coming in the mail today.

For root tabs, I use Osmocote fertilizer inside of pills. I make them myself, but you can buy them cheaply off EBay or the BSTF forum as well if you don't want to make them.

image.jpg
Thank you guys I'll try it !

Jocelyn Adelman

Amazon sword needs root tabs, not liquid iron wisteria would appreciate a root tab nearby as well. All the rest feed from the water column.

Anacharis can have some sensitivity to excel, also you don't really need excel for the current plant mass and selection, you would need excel depending on your lights...

If you have a large bioload and overfeed some, flourish might work for you.
Other options would be thrive by nilocg as mentioned above, or ultum nature systems plant food. Both of these have higher macros then flourish. A decent in between fert is easy green by aquarium coop (has less macros then the last two, but more then flourish.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SLeroux
Replies
Views
JB92668
Replies
Views
Fishstery
60 Gallon Tank Planting java and amazon
Replies