Any tips?
    Tankmates?
    Buy a larger tank? (considering)
    Pointers?

Tanks in Advance (pun intended)

CrawfishCrazy27✌️

2. TJBender

TJBender Well Known Member Member

Don't overstock. It's very easy to do in a 10g. If you post some ideas you have for stock here, we can help you fine-tune and properly stock the aquarium.

3. OP
    OP
    crawfishcrazy27

crawfishcrazy27 Well Known Member Member

I am thinking of getting a couple ghost shrimp as snacks for the DG and craw and also getting about 4 neon tetras

CrawfishCrazy27✌️

4. M

Mamajin Fishlore VIP Member

I don't recommend Neon or Cardinal Tetra for a new tank. They're quite sensitive and will do much better in a tank with a well established (more than 6 months old) Nitrogen Cycle. Having said that, keep in mind that Neons need to be in groups of at least 6 or more as this helps them feel safe.

Important points to consider when thinking about what to put in a community tank; adequat group sizes, tank size, are all the fish you want compatible, if there are any specific musts for parameters, do all of the fish you've chosen share the same water temperature requirements, do the fish require a male to female ratio to prevent males from fighting, food requirements, do the fish like or dislike a lot of water movement (you can generally tell by researching where the fish naturally come from). There's probably a few more that others will want to toss in there, too.

5. TJBender

TJBender Well Known Member Member

Honestly, I wouldn't attempt to include a DG in a 10g community. DGs can be territorial and aggressive, and a 10g doesn't give them anywhere to hide. If you'd like to do a DG in a 10g, I'd recommend that it be the only fish. If you wanted to do a community, I recommend the much more mellow honey gourami instead. IMO, a 10g could support a single honey gourami, but both are very sensitive fish. You'd want to do a fishless cycle, then maybe add a few ghost shrimp and let the tank age with them in there for a month before adding the HG first, then three neons a week later, then three neons a week after that, QTing of course.

Side note, MJ, it's good to see you back.

6. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

The Op already has the dwarf gourami & a vanilla crayfish in the 10 gallon.
    I wouldn't add anything else especially with the crayfish.
    If you get a larger tank it'll give you more stocking options

7. OP
    OP
    crawfishcrazy27

crawfishcrazy27 Well Known Member Member

Ok thanks guys!

CrawfishCrazy27✌️