Tip For Sbd Fish Owners

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by RobinWhiskers, Apr 11, 2018.

1. RobinWhiskers

RobinWhiskers Valued Member Member

For those with fish battling SBD, this isn't a surefire method but this is something I accidentally discovered. I had a Tetra algae wafer in my Betta tank for my snail. My female Betta has recurring Swim Bladder Disorder for no apparent reason, it must be genetic. Anyway before I could remove the wafer from the tank she ate a little of the soaked morsel and maybe it's because of the plant matter in it, but it goes through the fish's system EXTREMELY fast and makes them poop a ton. It's not a good complete diet for a fish, but if my girl's SBD symptoms last a while I'll give her a tiny bit of soaked wafer and it clears out her system when peas prove ineffective. I don't even use them for my snails anymore, just Azzie!

2. Punkin

Punkin Well Known Member Member

Thanks for the tip. I have a black neon tetra that suddenly got super chubby (almost overnight) and while there are no other issues and she seems to have gotten a smidge smaller, maybe I will try it.

3. OP
    OP
    RobinWhiskers

RobinWhiskers Valued Member Member

You should! I'm not telling you to overfeed your fish but it seems like even my Betta knew not to eat too much, she got her stomach nice and fat to where she looked bloated but she really wasn't because by the end of the day the tank was filled with wafer poop and I had a perfectly swimming Betta!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice