Tiny white wiggly worms

Nefersmum
Member
I thought I imagined it when I cleaned my snail tank last week but I have noticed the same thing this. When I disturbed the gravel to 'hoover' tiny thread type worms zigzagged all over. I haven't been able to get a pic because they are so tiny. Any idea what they might be and should I be worried?
 
SnookusFish
Member
Most likely detritus worms. Not harmful at all, fish will eat them but since u have no fish in that tank their numbers have obviously exploded. Doesnt really matter but just give a deep gravel vac if u want to reduce numbers a bit, if you dont mind them then just let them do their thing
 
FishBoy101
Member
SnookusFish said:
Most likely detritus worms. Not harmful at all, fish will eat them but since u have no fish in that tank their numbers have obviously exploded. Doesnt really matter but just give a deep gravel vac if u want to reduce numbers a bit, if you dont mind them then just let them do their thing
I agree, these worms aren't bad for your fish in anyway. Just put in a fish and the worms will go away!
 
  • Thread Starter
Nefersmum
Member
I'll try and get some into my fish aquarium. Thanks for the advice
 
FishBoy101
Member
Nefersmum said:
I'll try and get some into my fish aquarium. Thanks for the advice
No worries!
 
RedGallant
Member
If you can look at them up close, do they have triangular heads. If so, then they are planaria, which can be dangerous. Otherwise I would say detritus
 
  • Thread Starter
Nefersmum
Member
I can't see any destinct heads, just tiny thread like critters. Just lately I haven't seen any during water changes
 
RedGallant
Member
Nefersmum said:
I can't see any destinct heads, just tiny thread like critters. Just lately I haven't seen any during water changes
Probably detritus then.
 

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom