Tiny White Specks & Even Smaller Worm Like Things On Glass--what Are They?? Question

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Adriannaj1, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Adriannaj1New MemberMember

Hello all,

I just was checking on my betta fish, and I noticed these tiny white specks covering much of the glass and some plants, and the heater in my tank. There is also a group or two of even smaller almost worm looking things. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that they were moving, and it freaked me out a bit. I tried to take a picture, but they are so small my phone camera won't focus on them. Does anyone know what they are, or if I should be worried? I have a 10 gal tank, pH 7.4, ammonia .25ppm, nitrite 0ppm, nitrate 15ish ppm. (The nitrate seems high from what I'm used to, it's usually at 5ppm). I do a 10-20% water change once a week.

2. 86 ssinitWell Known MemberMember

It’s probably hydra. Nothing terrible but ugly looking. Yes scrape the wall and do a vacuum water change.

3. Skullkong101Valued MemberMember

May be planaria is but lots of these white worms are often confused with planaria. Or detritus.. I don't know much about pests but you may want to find pictures of each and compare them. Then look up on the internet how to deal with these. I mean i once had little white worms but after a month and zero treatment they disapeered.. They didn't effect my many guppies. But is it effecting your betta? If so you may want to treat it. And if not still attempt to treat it. But for the specks in an clueless.