tiny holes in betta please help

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Bettadude, Jul 20, 2015.

1. B

Bettadude New Member Member

So for a little while I've been noticing small holes in my betta i feed him aqueon pellets and omega pellets and on friday i feed him tetra freezedried blood worms and he lives in a 2.6 gallon top fin tank with filter and heater does anybody know about these holes? also hows a way to cool down water cause its summer where i live and very hot

(i'll put some photos in too)

2. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore! :)
    A picture would help. Also, what are your water parameters such as Ph, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? Do you have any sharp decorations in the tank? To cool off the water I believe having a fan running over the tank helps

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. D

Deesk06 Valued Member Member

To cool the water, I will take off the top cover and have a fan blowing on it, even if it's just a very small breeze! I also get a Baggie, fill it with ice, then stick it another Baggie so when the ice melts it goes into the other bag and not the tank. Then i just place them nicely on top of the tank! Be careful tho. Do it slowly. Add one bag..then the ice will melt..then come back and get 2 bags full..slowly dropping the temperature so it does not stress out the fish or affect the bacterial colony!! Make sure you watch the ice and keep emptying the water from melted ice out and putting in new ice!

I mean on top of the water so it floats!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2015
  4. OP
    OP
    B

Bettadude New Member Member

i don't have a master water testing kit but i can tell you what the Ph levels are P.S getting a focused shot with a big dslr and good detail and light is really hard

Thanks i'll do that bag thing :) ............wait i don't have plastic bags. can i 1 or 2 ice cubes in or would that stress my betta to much?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2015
  5. junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

I use water bottles. Fill one with tap water, freeze it, and put it in the tank.

As for the holes in your fish, without a photo, we can't tell you much. But we also need to know your water parameters. If you can't get your hands on a test kit, at least take some water to petco and have them test it. Write down the actual numbers for each parameter. Do not just let them tell you it's fine (they have a habit of doing this).

Knowing more about your tank and your fish's history would help as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice