Tiny Bugs...Help please. Help 

AlexAlex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
On my 75 Gallon and my 20 Gallon fish tank, I have tiny (about an eighth of an inch long) little brownish bugs hanging around the filter and the edge of the tank. Same area on both tanks. I don't see them in the water at all. On the 7 Gallon they are on the edge (on the back) of the glass lids to the tank.

I have no idea what they are and have never seen them. They are super stick like and they move if you touch them.

Anyone that knows, can you let me know if it's serious or nothing... I've heard you can have moisture bugs sometimes around the tank.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Please be patient and do not bump threads within an hour of posting.
Not everyone is on at the same time.
You may have to wait until the right members sign in who can help.

Can you post a picture?

In the mean time take a look:
Bugs you might encounter in your aquarium

AlexAlex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The bugs are too small to take a picture, plus it is night time here. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to attempt it.

AlexAlex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Bugs.

On my 75 Gallon and my 20 Gallon fish tank, I have tiny (about an eighth of an inch long) little brownish bugs hanging around the filter and the edge of the tank. Same area on both tanks. I don't see them in the water at all. On the 7 Gallon they are on the edge (on the back) of the glass lids to the tank.

I have no idea what they are and have never seen them. They are super stick like and they move if you touch them.

Anyone that knows, can you let me know if it's serious or nothing... I've heard you can have moisture bugs sometimes around the tank.

P.S. They are way too small to get a clear picture or to even get them noticeable in one.

BigOlePappy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Are they planaria?

AlexAlex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the bugs. I've tried to look up and research it on Google and Yahoo, but with no luck on seeing anything like these. It's about the size of the bottom of a typed "i" like that. That is how small it is.

I just looked up Planaria... It's definitely not in a worm form at all. I can definitely say that it's a bug for sure.

AlexAlex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of these bugs? If so, I would greatly appreciate it!

midnamoondog

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wow, creepy! Best of luck.

AlexAlex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Midnamoondog.

antoon

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
bugs can get into a tank and could be a danger to some fish how ever adding a chichlid could help but be certian to that the chichlid does not threaten your other fish before adding them to your tank

AlexAlex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I plan on making this tank a cichlid tank, ironically. :)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom