Tim’s Official 29 Gallon Tank Build

FishWithTim

Hey all! After taking a break from the hobby and shutting down all my tanks. I’d like to start up my 29 gallon again. With completely re doing my room I thought a fish tank would be a great addition. So with all that being said, let’s dive in to the blueprints!

[Plants & Decor]
So for this tank I’d like it to be a planted tank but nothing to serious. Easy to care for, low light plants. A piece of driftwood with maybe some moss growing into it for the centerpiece, and a black background to help the plants pop more.

[Stocking]
As for stocking, I haven’t really go any must-haves other than I’m definitely getting an Albino BN, love those things. Id also maybe like to get some colorful shrimp. As for anything else I’m open to any and all ideas. Preferably fish that will look stunning against a black backdrop with green everywhere. With that being said I can’t wait to see the ideas you all come up with to help me make this tank look stunning.

qldmick

yep have 7? i think adult albino bristlenose, look pretty good against a dark background.
these two were photo bombing my picture of a special rock.

P4100119.JPG

Treestone

It's pretty hard to give u advice since there's so much choice out there, however, there are some types of setups that would work with ur description. A blackwater tank with some duckweed or some floater to lower the light levels and a school of cardinal, lemon, ember, pretty much any tetra u can think of will really pop under those conditions or maybe a pair of dwarf cichlids. These stocking options depend on your water chemistry though. An Asian style tank with a group of honey gourami and a big school of Asian rummynose, emerald dwarf rasbora, eyespot rasbora, lambchop rasbora, and the list goes on. Some information on water chemistry would help, to say the least, there is a lot of options.

FishWithTim

So I’m getting ready to start up the tank, however. Since I got rid of all my filters and pretty much everything else. I just have a glass lid with no light. I would preferably not like to spend a lot of money and can’t seem to find any lights that are cheap and have good reviews. Any advice or good ideas?

Treestone

Just buy some rgb waterproof light strips and a remote (doesn't even have to be rgb), anyway cheap as chips and easy as to install

FishWithTim

Just buy some rgb waterproof light strips and a remote (doesn't even have to be rgb), anyway cheap as chips and easy as to install
I ended up getting the Aqueon 30 deluxe fluorescent hood. Didn’t have the greatest reviews but it hasn’t failed me yet.

FishWithTim

Purchased this female two days ago and is currently the only inhabitants of my 29 gallon. So far she likes to stay at the bottom with the sand. If I wiggle my dinner at the top she comes to investigate. Feels good to have a betta again.

E0B04D74-56A0-49DC-860E-24453B859575.jpeg
More fish I’d like to get for this tank include maybe some endlers, black neons, and an albino bn or a clown pleco.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kanzekatores
Replies
Views
Barrk2
Replies
Views
Mrfister1116
Replies
Views