Timg's Aquariums

timg

Well Known
Reaction score
The Chinese Tank 1
19 gallons, silk and plastic (Yuck) plants, natural rocks, air filter + undergravel filter, Chinese ornaments.
water temp 27C
Contents:
One Siamese Male (Mr. Chang)
One Siamese female
six glowlights
two Bolivian red-fin tetras
four neon tetras
two chinese algae eaters.

The Atlantic Tank (Tank 2)
19 Gallons, plastic, silk and real plants, natural rocks, air filter + undergravel
Water temp: 27C
Contents:
one Blue Siamese male (Mr. Ching)
one Blue Siamese female (Mrs Ching)
nine zebra Danios
six neon tetras
one male dwarf gouramI (Jack)
one golden sucking loaches

Tank 3 The African Tank
Corner tank, 30 gallons, natural rocks, ornamental tree stump, real and silk plants, New UG filter + air filter box
Temp: 29C
Contents now:
Four Pearl Gouramis
12 neon tetras
9 white cloud mountain minoes
one golden sucking loach

Mini-cycle completed after fitting UGF Air filter will be removed when I next think about it.

Tank 4 The Greek Tank
25 gallons, plastic, silk and real plants, natural rocks, Greek ornaments, one air filter box, UG filter
Temp: 27C
Contents:
one female guppy (bluetail)
one female platty (Duchess)
one female molly (Molly)
one young male betta (Lucky)

Tank now mini-cycling due to new UG filter

Tank 5
19 gallons, natural rocks, plastic (Yuck), real and silk plants, two air filters
Temp: 27C
Contents:
two baby clown loaches
6 black neons
2 x Bronze Cory
2 x Peppered Cory
3 x Ambiacus Cory
2 x Albino Cory
one young male betta (Luke)

UGF now fitted and working well. water quality much improved. Still supported by box filter to minimise the debris that the cories throw up!

Tank 6
19 gallons, natural rocks, real, silk and plastic plants, small powerhead filter, air filter box
Temp 27C
Contents:
one male sailfin mollie, (Joe)
one female molly (Mo)
Three Guppies (Adam, Cain and Eve)
one male swordtail plattie (Duke)
11 baby mollies (8 female, 3 male)

Stop Press!!!!! Now got at least 4 little swordtails as well!

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Talk about MTS (mutiple tank syndrom) LOL!! I love the setup-- Saw the pics in the other thread-- very nice!

OP
timg

timg

Well Known
Reaction score
Yeah, got fed up of being limited by just two tanks, fish hustling for territory, and not being able to treat any that went sick on me! This way I have a 24" hospital/breeding tank which will eventually get built into the other side of the room under one of the 48" tanks, and with the three 48" tanks that are planned, plenty of expansion room as well.

Besides which, I have several local retailers ready and waiting for the young ones. Might even make back some of the cost of enjoying my hobby! (This wasn't exactly cheap to build, so far the price has crept over the £500 mark and not yet fully stocked, but who cares, it's FUN!)

On second thoughts, is this a hobby or a passion? The latter, I think.

I have just posted an explanation of how the setup works, for those interested.

Started getting decor for the tanks today. The Greek tank is now finished, with Tweedle Dee, (the angel) sitting back to admire her new home and the Atlantic Tank is now taking shape, with Mr. Ching inspecting Neptune!

BTW, Jill, the female gouramI in Tank 5 got stuck behind the filter during a water change and died before I found her. (I didn't see her till it was too late). I guess Jack will be lonesome again for a while as he kept attacking Rachael, the other female every time I put them together!

susitna-flower

Well Known
Reaction score
Timg, I really admire your tank setup! It looks well thought out, and like you have them coordinated with your living area. Mine look like an after thought. You recognised early on that you were just going to indulge your MTS, and looks like you have the right idea! Very nice.

Fish in the Frozen North 8)

OP
timg

timg

Well Known
Reaction score
Thank you for the compliment. The other side of the room looks completely out of place now, because, like you, when I started, I just added here and there. This will soon be rectified though, since having gone this far, I may as well finish the job properly!

Here's an of the other tanks as they are now and the layout plan for the wall when the construction is finished:

I also see that I've reached Junior member! hehe

You may also be interested in the history of how all this happened and you can find that at

OP
timg

timg

Well Known
Reaction score
Been busy again, now got the chinese themed tank finished. This will eventually be home for all the siamese females and one of the males, the siamese algae eater and a couple of neons etc.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
timg said:
Been busy again, now got the chinese themed tank finished. This will eventually be home for all the siamese females and one of the males, the siamese algae eater and a couple of neons etc.
That's a great setup, I would love to have a room like that and I think going with fish that originate in the country/area of the tank theme would be cool. I have to ask if you're meaning multiple Bettas in your chinese-themed tank?

captain_bilbo

Reaction score
FLBettaCouple said:
timg said:
That's a great setup, I would love to have a room like that and I think going with fish that originate in the country/area of the tank theme would be cool.  I have to ask if you're meaning multiple Bettas in your chinese-themed tank?
Two females would be okay but add a male to that and you will have some dead fish!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
timg said:
Females, yeah, but only the one male here! (The other males have to come in from abroad to visit!)
I hope it will work out for you, but mostly even with females, more than 1 Betta in an undivided tank leads to trouble. We tried it ourselves with just females and it looked ok at first, but we ended up returning 3 to the store and nursing the most injured back to health.

OP
timg

timg

Well Known
Reaction score
We have had thee females and a male in there for a couple of weeks now without any problems, so I'm sure we will be ok. The females actually seem to stick together most of the time, almost schooling!

Today I travelled to Cheshire and Manchester collecting some new fish from fellow aquarists. I came back with 50 new fish! Here are some of the snaps I have taken tonight:

(Sorry about the poor quality, they were taken with my phone.)

OP
timg

timg

Well Known
Reaction score
Thank you for the compliment. Not interested in football, just fish! My thanks go to the two people who allowed me to empty their aquariums, Rick and Damien. I feel very sorry for Rick, who's having to sell his setup, but damien will soon have a new cichlids tank to be proud of!

Now completed tanks 7, 8, and 9 with tanks 10 and 11 in progress.

Tank 7:
2' 15 gallon tank
QT

Tank 8:
48x18x12
Tank 9:
24x24x11 Water Column
Contents:
5 Goldfish
1 Coy Carp
2 small silver sharks
2 small Rainbow sharks
4 Glowlight Danios
4 zebra danios
6 small marble angels

hamstermann

Reaction score
Is that QT set into a wall? that is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. And what kind of stands are you using to get the look of one continuous tank like that? I'm so jealous of your set up!

OP
timg

timg

Well Known
Reaction score
The whole thing has been built with the purpose in mind. What you are seeing is the end result of many weeks and months of planning and work. If you want to see how some of it has been done, check , and .

hamstermann

Reaction score
timg said:
The whole thing has been built with the purpose in mind. What you are seeing is the end result of many weeks and months of planning and work. If you want to see how some of it has been done, check , and .
Wow. So are you a professional Carpenter? I would love to do something like that someday.

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
WOWZAH !!!
Timg.... you are doing such a fantastic job with your set ups! I just luv luv luv.. your surround tanks...what a great job! ;D Now I have to show my husband the way you built them around the walls... he is a carpenter! Just maybe... hmmmm.... wouldnt that be nice! ;D <sigh.. more wishful thinking..>
Good luck with your venture! ;D

OP
timg

timg

Well Known
Reaction score
tanks 10,11,12 and 13 are now completed and will be used for breeding and raising fry.

Couldn't resist the oportunity to take these pics of the new fish! Mollies at 3 weeks old, and black neon, don't know how old this one is:

I am now working on an Aquaponics garden for nitrate filtering. More to come....

New Threads