Time for an upgrade for my mbuna tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by LeoDiaz, Aug 2, 2015.

1. LeoDiazFishlore VIPMember

Here i will post all my progress on my 125 mbuna tank. First step buy the tank lol.

2. BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

Just curious why you can't get a sump or canister for it? ( per another thread )

3. LiterallyHydroWell Known MemberMember

Just a guess, but the stand probably isn't designed to have a lot of space under it.

Good luck with your setup!

4. LeoDiazFishlore VIPMember

There 0 room under the tank so I can't place a canister in it so I'm stuck with hobs. Thanx hydro

5. LiterallyHydroWell Known MemberMember

I've yet to lose my 100+ gallons virginity.. ;D I hope to set up a 6' or larger tank in the future. Where are you getting your tank from? Craigslist? New?

6. LeoDiazFishlore VIPMember

From fb group or CL I'm not rich to afford new lol.

7. LeoDiazFishlore VIPMember

For heating and filtration im going to go with 3 aquaclears 110 and 2 aqueon pro 250watt heaters. Lighting will be the same as my 75 a beamswork led just the 72in version. Sand still deciding in black diamonds or PFS. And for the background same problems black or dark blue.

8. LeoDiazFishlore VIPMember

Well took long but got rid of a tank now have have money for the 125g. Now that I have money all the goods deals on CL are gone... :mad:

9. LiterallyHydroWell Known MemberMember

Ha! It always seems to happen that way. Be patient young grasshopper, and a good deal will come its way. ;D

10. LeoDiazFishlore VIPMember

Lol, yep is always when your looking for something that all the good deals disappear. What I find funny some people are asking for a used tank more then a new one... Some guy wanted $325 just for the tank, LFS sells them for $270.

11. LiterallyHydroWell Known MemberMember

Wow.. That's silly. The LFS I work for is selling a 180 drilled with two overflows right now for $600 for tank stand and canopy. If I had the money I'd be all over that thing.

12. LeoDiazFishlore VIPMember

Well guess wat someone has a new(to me) 125g tank, got for $100. Will clean it up and give it a spray job.

13. LiterallyHydroWell Known MemberMember

Nice! That's a pretty good deal. I'm kind of jealous, actually.

14. LeoDiazFishlore VIPMember

Lol, the guy selling it was a nice guy wasted like hour just talking with him.

15. LeoDiazFishlore VIPMember

Well.... I'm going to sell this 125 and just get a new 125g. I was talking to my dad and we just decided to get a new 125g I'll go a little over budget but I'll just sell something else to make it. also I have more money now because I sold my 75g.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  16. BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

Why did you decide on new?

17. LeoDiazFishlore VIPMember

Just to be sure it would last us and know is a new tank, because I'm pretty sure I can't upgrade after the 125g.

18. LeoDiazFishlore VIPMember

Waiting for my 2 aqueon pro heaters, and for another aquaclear 110 have one I bought already. Once I sell this 125g will go right away to buy the new one.

19. LeoDiazFishlore VIPMember

Going for my new 125g, yes.

20. LeoDiazFishlore VIPMember

Here it is image.jpeg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice