Time For Amm Nitrite And Nitrate Conversion

Marzahtha

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Not even close...it takes time. Whether it is with or without fish it can take weeks to fully cycle and be stable.

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I read it some where but can't remember exactly. How long should it take for a cycled tank to convert ammiona nitrite to nitrate? My tank is right at 24 hours on 2-4 ppm amm to nitrate. Hopefully I'm close to finishing up my fishless cycle
If that much ammonia is being eaten up in 24 hours, I'd say you are pretty much cycled. That sounds like you have a solid colony of beneficial bacteria in there.

I have never done a fishless cycle before. How long did it take you to get to this point? just curious?

banks741938

Valued Member
Reaction score
Not even close...it takes time. Whether it is with or without fish it can take weeks to fully cycle and be stable.

I think you may have miss understood. I'm on day 32 of fishless cycle. I put 2-4 ppm ammiona in my tank and it's able to convert all the ammoina to nitrite then to nitrate in 24 hours. I just couldn't remember if it need to be able to covnert it all in 12 hours or 24 .Before I'm considered done and then add my fish

If that much ammonia is being eaten up in 24 hours, I'd say you are pretty much cycled. That sounds like you have a solid colony of beneficial bacteria in there.

I have never done a fishless cycle before. How long did it take you to get to this point? just curious?
Yes fishless .. I'm on day 32. But been able to do that for the last few days. Just wanted to make sure... I used stability and Ingles brand ammiona

Last edited by a moderator:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom