Tile Star Fish Care

Esimm03

Hi,
So I bought a tile starfish yesterday at my lfs, I know a little about them but wondered if anyone had any useful tips? And how to feed it? When I introduced it I put it on the frag rack on a small piece of nori... It crawled off onto the glass, leaving the nori.... It's happy hanging out near the top in the corner.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Ethan
20181228_093051.jpg

Jesterrace

This might help:

Marbled or Tile Sea Stars | Saltwater & Reef | Feature Articles |

Esimm03

Jesterrace said:
This might help:

Marbled or Tile Sea Stars | Saltwater & Reef | Feature Articles | TFH Magazine
Hi, thanks that is a really informative article so will it find its own food? Or should I slip some pieces of mysis under it's leg every so often?

Jesterrace

I would say that it depends on the bioload. More detritus/food bits means more food for the starfish. If you just have a couple of fish with a single daily feeding then I would say it will need periodic feedings. If you have a handful of fish then they are more likely to find enough food to keep them fed.

Esimm03

Jesterrace said:
I would say that it depends on the bioload. More detritus/food bits means more food for the starfish. If you just have a couple of fish with a single daily feeding then I would say it will need periodic feedings. If you have a handful of fish then they are more likely to find enough food to keep them fed.
Hi,
I'd say my tank is as it's max for stocking, I have a medium cuc, will this guy just be part of it now? It seems to be hanging out on the glass in the upper sections, should I put it on the sandbed or rockwork to help it find food?

Thanks,
Ethan

Latest threads

Top Bottom