Tile Star Fish Care

Esimm03

Hi,
So I bought a tile starfish yesterday at my lfs, I know a little about them but wondered if anyone had any useful tips? And how to feed it? When I introduced it I put it on the frag rack on a small piece of nori... It crawled off onto the glass, leaving the nori.... It's happy hanging out near the top in the corner.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Ethan

Jesterrace

This might help:

Marbled or Tile Sea Stars | Saltwater & Reef | Feature Articles |

Esimm03

Jesterrace said:
This might help:

Marbled or Tile Sea Stars | Saltwater & Reef | Feature Articles | TFH Magazine
Hi, thanks that is a really informative article so will it find its own food? Or should I slip some pieces of mysis under it's leg every so often?

Jesterrace

I would say that it depends on the bioload. More detritus/food bits means more food for the starfish. If you just have a couple of fish with a single daily feeding then I would say it will need periodic feedings. If you have a handful of fish then they are more likely to find enough food to keep them fed.

Esimm03

Jesterrace said:
I would say that it depends on the bioload. More detritus/food bits means more food for the starfish. If you just have a couple of fish with a single daily feeding then I would say it will need periodic feedings. If you have a handful of fish then they are more likely to find enough food to keep them fed.
Hi,
I'd say my tank is as it's max for stocking, I have a medium cuc, will this guy just be part of it now? It seems to be hanging out on the glass in the upper sections, should I put it on the sandbed or rockwork to help it find food?

Thanks,
Ethan

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom