Tigger... AKA Mister 'Tude...'

1. theshiftys_jm Member Member

I bought this lil Opaline Gourami a month or so ago from Wal-Mart... He grew big and quickly. One day I saw him not only chasing but killing and eating one of my Killiefish whom was almost his size. After that he went after a Platy, and beat him nearly to death. I was quickly putting one of my spare 1.5's together during this.

He was netted, and placed in solitary confinement. And yes, he was peeved.

Talked to one of the local fish store guru's and she said: "Hmm, put him in with your Parrot's, Peacocks, and Mbuna's. (They were occupying the same tank at the time.) "They should keep him in check."

Instead I chose to place him in my community 55. Thinking that my large Angelfish would keep him in check.

She did. She was all over him, explaining the rules of the house. However, just as soon as she would swim around the ornaments, out of sight... Tigger would terrorize the lil fishy kids. She would quickly swim back to him and I kid you not, God's truth, Tigger would............ :;hi2

She would go out of sight and he would terrorize again...

Back to solitary.

A few days later I took her advice and put him in with the cichlids....

Either my cichlids are wimps, or Tigger is neurotic as he terrorized them as well.

He now belongs to my neice and has an entire 14 gallon tank to himself...

2. TFA101 Well Known Member Member

Lordy, what a character :eek:...

I've never had such a... personable?... rogue?... fish such as that. i guess he was one of those one in a thousand specimens. Any pictures of Mister Tude?

3. theshiftys_jm Member Member

Yes I do!!

I'm babysitting the lil pigface right now, and here he is. Not the best pic, but you can see how really pretty the boy is! Just wish he wasn't such a pigface bully!!!

18.jpg

4. theshiftys_jm Member Member

I also have a red dwarf gourami and a crowntail betta sharing a tank. I tried placing a powder blue dwarf gourami in there with them. It wasn't the "big, bad betta," that chased the blue kid to his death... Nope... T'was the red dwarf that did it... Love my gourami's but they are so much more a bully than the betta kids, IMO.. *LOL*

However, on a positive note for the gourami kids, I have two honey's in my community tank. They get along fine with everyone. Peaceful as ever...

5. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Wow! What aggression. I'm glad you were able to resolve the problem by rehousing him. He sure is beautiful!
    Ken

6. TFA101 Well Known Member Member

He is beautiful. :) its a shame he had to be placed in solitary confinement.

i love honey gouramis. I only have a male (he's in the picture below, in my signature). They are really mild mannered, I've never had a problem with mine. ALthough, sometimes the danios pick on him, but he defends himself. He'll nip right back.

7. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

awesome fish!!!!!!
    I have a huge one at work that i keep with silver dollars...seems to work for them..but they are just gorgeous fish as adults..and they most definitely can hold their own..much like the blues

8. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

:;laughing wow he was agressive LOL

9. theshiftys_jm Member Member

*LOL* yes he is! He's eyballing me right now with that "I'm a sweet, innocent lil boy," Look... You know what I mean. The look that says, "Pops, I'm as pure as the wind driven snow..." Yeahhhhh.....