Tigerbarb By Himself

Zacahriah

Reaction score
Hello, I have 10 Tigerbarbs in a 20g aquarium. It has a large piece of driftwood and quite a few plants (photo below). I understand that 10 may be a bit much for an aquarium my size but I did it as a favor for a friend while he was moving out so I did not have much of a choice. I have one tiger barb that keeps lingering in the corner without much reason. He sometimes leaves and swims around but I rarely see him with his school. Currently, my Nitrite levels are a bit high at 1-2PPM and Nitrate at around 10-20PPM (Ph at 7.6, 0PPM ammonia and 81-degree water). Im just a little worried about him and wanted to avoid any deaths. Im not entirely sure if he is eating as most of my barbs will let the food sink and then go after it. Thanks!

PHOTO : Screenshot - 31617d95bc37a7b086569c90db851ef6 - Gyazo

Joshuaharestad

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It's possible he or she is just a loner. Your Ph may be a bit high. Tiger barbs do best in slightly acidic water from what I've read. I'm not an expert though. If he'd not eating he may have a blockage or other health problem. Sometimes there is nothing you can do. If you can I would put the one isolation (maybe a breeder net) to determine for sure if it is eating.

Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

Dream Tank Type?

• Freshwater

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 15 39.5%

Top Bottom