Tiger Snail Gone for a Ride

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff' started by hobo, Nov 27, 2012.

1. h

hobo Valued Member Member

I got home from work and after a shower to wash away my day I usually check the tank and I found my tiger snail riding around on my floating thermometer. The weight was just enough to keep him a couple of inches from the surface then he got caught on a plant. IMG_5022.JPG IMG_5018.JPG

2. slimeneo

slimeneo Valued Member Member

I once found my nerite snail underneath the breeder net....... upside down..... I guess he was trying to eat the algae on the net (although I don't know how well that went; a few minutes later I found him on the gravel upside down). Snails are so cute :p

3. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

My Nerites are soooo naughty!!! They are always in the filter housing, climbing over the water line, hanging upside down from the tank lid, etc.
    Then they leave their snail eggs all over my MTS snail shells, the glass and decor. I love them though :)

4. brodylane1122

brodylane1122 Well Known Member Member

My nerite tried to run away and I found him on my floor all closed up and hiding. Put him back and he's not tried it again for weeks. I guess he found out the outside world is not too friendly.

5. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

I have some pennywort that I pruned and a ramshorn attached itself and ripped the leaf off... he was surfing for about an hour before catching the lalss!

and indeed snails are adorable!

6. slimeneo

slimeneo Valued Member Member

Luckily, my snails haven't tried to escape.. yet... which is surprising because during the day the lid is off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice