Tiger Oscar with constipation and does it have fin rot?

mightyarceus123

Hey guys!

My Tiger Oscar I've had since late August has a red-fuzzy looking spot on his bowels and it looks a little bloated near his analfin.
I've tried feeding it peas but it wouldn't eat them.
I haven't tried using epsom salt.

It is about 4-5 inches in length.
I keep a few goldfish, 2 african cichlids, a pictus cat, blue gourami, black skirt & serpae tetras, 4 corys, 2 severums, a rainbow, and keyhole cichlid in a 55g.
Haven't tested the water yet, but I know my PH is balanced.

The tank is cycled, I've had it since May.

I've diagnosed some fish in my take with Ick 4 days ago.
Added salt and increased temperature by 2 degrees every day to reduce the infections
The goldfish had it really bad but seem to be doing much better, the Oscar had a few spots but they are going away.
I haven't added any medications yet...

It's analfin also appears to be "chipped" could this be fin rot?

I attached 3 images, in one of them you see it's anus and some poop coming out as well as the red fuzz.
In another, you see it with a blue gourami & anubias in the background. This was 1-2 months ago when it was healthy.
In the last image you see it's "chipped" analfin

Big questions are:
#1. Does my Oscar have constipation? If so, are there other ways to treat it besides using epsom salt and feeding it peas?
#2. Does it have fin rot?

Attachments

• 20211003_203728[1].jpg
    20211003_203728[1].jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210826_203855[1].jpg
    20210826_203855[1].jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20211003_204840[1].jpg
    20211003_204840[1].jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 15

BigManAquatics

Almost looks like worms coming out of the anus to me, but i would definitely get another opinion on that. Same for possible treatment.

I don't think that is finrot, but could turn into it. Looks more like the fins scraped on something. Would definitely do frequent small water changes for awhile to keep the water nice n clean to help prevent finrot setting in.

mightyarceus123

Almost looks like worms coming out of the anus to me, but i would definitely get another opinion on that. Same for possible treatment.

I don't think that is finrot, but could turn into it. Looks more like the fins scraped on something. Would definitely do frequent small water changes for awhile to keep the water nice n clean to help prevent finrot setting in.
Is it possible for fish to have something like tapeworms? Because I took the picture while writing this post and it happened to be pooping.

The poop does look VERY odd, it hasn't been pooping like that. It is my first time seeing it do that...

Thanks! :)

BigManAquatics

There are a few different kinds of parasites/worms that fish can be affected by, yes.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FishPlanet
Replies
Views
SarahPar
Replies
Views
Flyfisha
Replies
Views