120 Gallon Tank Tiger Oscar Tank Mates

Zabulon

Active Member
Member
Messages
87
Reaction score
12
Location
Georgia
Experience
1 year
Okay, so I've finally managed to convince my company to upgrade the tank in the office to a 125g and they want me to build it. Finally, this poor Oscar can have a real tank.

Any recommendations for tank mates for a 9" Oscar? I know very little about them. Preferably something that's not quite as big so that we can fit a few more fish in there, but not too small to become lunch. We may have to use the existing tank to grow them out before adding them. I explained that there's not room for much more, but I'd see what I could do. They don't quite understand stocking...

With these, would you go with a canister or HOB?

Appreciate the recommendations
 

Little fry babies

Active Member
Member
Messages
192
Reaction score
51
Dawn Michele said:
JD's don't play nice nice. I found that out the hard way.
What happened if you don't mind me asking? I know this isn't my post but it's good to be aware. I know they don't get along with a lot of fish. So I am assuming they don't get along with any fish now. Lol.
 

Dawn Michele

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,550
Reaction score
2,593
Location
Florida
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello. I keep my 12 inch Oscar by himself in a 125 with Marineland Penguin 350 filter's on it. I do 50% water changes every weekend. You could try some Silver Dollar's like Morpheus1967 mentioned.
 

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Member
Messages
15,457
Reaction score
16,990
Location
pa usa
Experience
More than 10 years
My jack is a wimp. He's still hiding from a betta I can't seem to catch. I would put a pleco in there and call it a day. Dawns jack beat up his girlfriend pretty bad.
 

Dawn Michele

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,550
Reaction score
2,593
Location
Florida
Experience
More than 10 years
Little fry babies said:
What happened if you don't mind me asking? I know this isn't my post but it's good to be aware. I know they don't get along with a lot of fish. So I am assuming they don't get along with any fish now. Lol.
Hello. I decided to get him a girlfriend. He beat her up. I put her in a hospital tank till she got better and took her back to the LFS.

david1978 said:
My jack is a wimp. He's still hiding from a betta I can't seem to catch. I would put a pleco in there and call it a day. Dawns jack beat up his girlfriend pretty bad.
If you do put a pleco in there make sure he can't fit in the Oscar's mouth. Your JD is still hiding? LOL!!!
 

Little fry babies

Active Member
Member
Messages
192
Reaction score
51
Dawn Michele said:
Hello. I decided to get him a girlfriend. He beat her up. I put her in a hospital tank till she got better and took her back to the LFS.
Oh that's sad .I'm sorry. Yeah I heard they are really aggressive.
 

Dawn Michele

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,550
Reaction score
2,593
Location
Florida
Experience
More than 10 years
Little fry babies said:
Oh that's sad .I'm sorry. Yeah I heard they are really aggressive.
The name says it all!!! They are GREAT fish!!!
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
89
Guests online
2,066
Total visitors
2,155

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom