Tiger lotus bulb confusion

CoolCoryCatz

Reactions
Aquarium Details  
Do you know of and understand the Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle?
Yes
Okay I know this is going to be a stupid question but I genuinely can’t figure it out. Which part of my tiger lotus bulb do I plant? There are no visible roots so already I hope that’s fine but I am stumped. Thanks for any responses

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1
Solution
don't put a root tab directly under it, maybe an inch or away since the roots grow up and out, and only put it half and half in the substrate
don't fully bury it or it will rot and die
remember not to plant near other root plants if you can try, they strangle other root systems and its almost impossible to stop, in 3-5 weeks expect to have leaves the size of your hand or bigger, also keep away from filtration, as it will probably get caught in there, and cause it to break, just be cautious with the placement.

demetredanio

Reactions
the part that has that little white part sticking out in the first picture goes up, that is the stem, actually it kind of funny you mentioned roots, because the roots grow out of the top as well.

OP
C

CoolCoryCatz

Reactions
Aquarium Details  
Do you know of and understand the Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle?
Yes
the part that has that little white part sticking out in the first picture goes up, that is the stem, actually it kind of funny you mentioned roots, because the roots grow out of the top as well.
Wow this is my first experience with a bulb plant and I didn’t know that . Thank you for your quick response! Should I only plant the bottom 1/3rd and should I put a root tab under it?

demetredanio

Reactions
don't put a root tab directly under it, maybe an inch or away since the roots grow up and out, and only put it half and half in the substrate
don't fully bury it or it will rot and die
remember not to plant near other root plants if you can try, they strangle other root systems and its almost impossible to stop, in 3-5 weeks expect to have leaves the size of your hand or bigger, also keep away from filtration, as it will probably get caught in there, and cause it to break, just be cautious with the placement.

Solution

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom