Tiger lotus bulb Check in

CoolCoryCatz

It’s been about a week since I’ve planted this tiger lotus bulb. I have a root tab around it for when the roots grow in and ive fertilized once. Just wanted to check in and see if this is normal/expected growth or if something is going wrong. Thank you for any responses!

Attachments

• 3FC5A8EF-4A6F-4ECF-9CF6-AFEB4000B95C.jpeg
    3FC5A8EF-4A6F-4ECF-9CF6-AFEB4000B95C.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 6

ChrissFishes01

Looks fine so far!

IME, when planting bulbs, the growth rate will be different almost every time even with plants of the same species. I'm not sure why, but sometimes they'll take off the next day, and other times it's taken a few weeks for me. As long as you're getting SOME growth and there's no rot on the bulb or plant, I wouldn't be concerned.

Upvote 0

CoolCoryCatz

Looks fine so far!

IME, when planting bulbs, the growth rate will be different almost every time even with plants of the same species. I'm not sure why, but sometimes they'll take off the next day, and other times it's taken a few weeks for me. As long as you're getting SOME growth and there's no rot on the bulb or plant, I wouldn't be concerned.
Thank you! What would rot on the bulb look like if you know? I really appreciate the response

Upvote 0

ChrissFishes01

Usually pitch black or moldy stuff growing on the bulb. Or, if you touch the bulb and it's mushy.

Upvote 0

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom