Tiger Barbs With Bosemani Rainbow Fish

oOturquoiseOo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
What do you think? Bad idea? The rainbows (maybe not even Bosemani? Not much orange and blue but they're pretty!) are very fast without flowy fins.

Other fish in the tank are a pleco and kuhli loaches. And 2 nerite snails.

A teacher friend has 5 tiger barbs that she can't keep with her classroom goldfish (she was given them by the guidance counselor who took them out of his tank because they were beating up the gourami)

My tank is set at 78 F. It seems that is at the upper limit of the tiger barb comfort zone. I haven't checked what the rainbows like lately so I'm not sure if I can lower it and still have happy fish.

The tank is 60 gallons (4 feet long), pretty heavily planted with 5 rainbows, a small pleco, and 7 kuhli loaches. My beautiful angelfish had a freak accident and succumbed to his injuries :'(

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think it be fine. I would consider upping the barb school to around 10, so any 'arguments' is within the shoal and not spread out to the other inhabitants.

oOturquoiseOo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thank you. If I get them I will definitely up the numbers. Unfortunately I have to order them through my "local" store so it will probably be a month until I can get them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom