Tiger Barbs staying in corner?

Natureman

It's been three days since I bought them. They are 14 in number. They seem to be staying at a particular corner the whole day. They do come up for the food and feeding them hasn't been a problem but then again go back to the same spot. Please help.

Attachments

• IMG_1018.JPG
    IMG_1018.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1019.JPG
    IMG_1019.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 37

Basil

They will do that if stressed about something.
How large is the tank? How long has it been set up? And are there other fish?

Upvote 0

Natureman

They will do that if stressed about something.
How large is the tank? How long has it been set up? And are there other fish?
It's 30 gallons and there are 6 danios in there which seems to doesn't bother them much. The tank is 2 months old. And Danios behavior is alright.

Upvote 0

MacZ

They're in for only 3 days. And towards the middle a quite brightly lit and open tank. The fish need their time to acclimate. Can take a week or two until they are ok with that.

Upvote 0

86 ssinit

Next you just added 14 fish to your tank. So the bio-load has just greatly increased. Test your water because there isn’t enough bacteria in the filters to eat the ammonia yet and you may have to do some water changes.

Upvote 0

Basil

MacZ touched on my other thought. My tiger barbs hated when the lights came on at full brightness.
Maybe try a timer with a summer to gradually turn the lights on and off.
And keep checking the water parameters. As mentioned, that is a good many fish to add at once.

Upvote 0

Natureman

They're in for only 3 days. And towards the middle a quite brightly lit and open tank. The fish need their time to acclimate. Can take a week or two until they are ok with that.
I think it was the acclimation issues. Now they all seem to move around fine.
Thank you!

Upvote 0

ForceTen

My tigers actually tell me when its water change time. They will also stay near the bottom corner. Once the glass is wiped down and half the water changed, they act totally different. They get very happy and very active.
Everyone loves a water change!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MC0115
Replies
Views
WRWAquarium
  • Question
Replies
Views