Tiger Barbs in my tank Question

1. Jake the Fish Member Member

I have always thought tiger barb's are a really cool fish and I just want to know if Tiger Barb's would get along with fish in my tank already?:;fr

2. click Well Known Member Member

Is your aquarium info correct? You have all those fish in a 40L (~10G) aquarium?
    I think you are a bit overstocked and more fish will not be reccomended.

3. Jake the Fish Member Member

I know my tank is a bit overcrowded and I am not looking to buy some Tiger Barb's, I just wanted to know if they would get along with the fish in my tank?

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I'm sorry, if your tank is 40 Liters it's already over stocked.
    Same as when you asked about catfish in this thread:
    What Catfish would you recommend?

Edit: Looks like we posted at the same time. Tiger barbs are notorious fin nippers. I doubt they'd do well with your other fish.
    However, I've never kept them so see what other members have to say.

5. Jake the Fish Member Member

Lol, Thanks for your help Lucy.

6. Tim Wheatley Initiate Member

I have 16. I don't think they'll be suitable for your other fish. If you have less than 5 they will attack anything else in the tank, at 6+ they'll spend most of their time attacking each other - but - they'll also spend their time attacking things for sport. The only fish I have ever has success with are:
    Giant Danios, Rainbow Shark, Neon Tetras (they killed Cardinal Tetras).

Tigers also get pretty big. My largest are over 2.5" (which I have read is as large as they get) and in a 10 gallon it's way too small for you to even have 5 Tigers by themselves, nevermind with anybody else...