Tiger Barbs in Fish bowl

deepali

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this forum and to keepin fish as pets. I had brought 3 tiger barbs and 2 light pink fish(i am not aure abt their name).
The pink fish are very quite, hardly move and are the same size as the barbs. But unfortunately all my tiger barbs are dead.2 died after 3 days and 1 after a week. I had kept all these fish ina fish bowl 20cms in diameter. I have not put any plants or pebbles in the bowl. I gave them food which they never ate. I took the food out after 15mins.

So why are my fish dying. Please help :'(

Rgds
Deepali

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FishLore! It's great to have you with us! Please read the FishLore Articles for Beginners in the link in my signature. This will help you understand the nitrogen cycle.

Your fish died because they produced too much ammonia in an environment which does not eliminate the ammonia as it is produced. Fish bowls are bad for any fish, even bettas. Not knowing what the pink fish were, you probably needed at least a 10 gallon tank for those fish, with a filter running and a heater. Sorry for your fish.

JMatt1983

Valued Member
Reaction score
if the pink fish were roughly the same size and shape as the tiger barbs, my guess would be that they are some sort of dyed tetra

deepali

Reaction score
The pink fish that are left now also dont eat any food. It that normal? I am giving them fish food which i brought from the place where i brought the fish.

Rgds
Deepali

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom