Tiger barbs fighting?

tiffanyfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi, will these two tiger barbs kill eachother?! I introduced 5 new tiger barbs today in my established tank that already had a group of 4 tiger barbs in it. I now have 9 tiger barbs in total, but I'm scared for these two fighting. Are they trying to assert their dominance to eachother to see who the new alpha will be, or are they SERIOUSLY trying to kill eachother? Thanks in advance. Please help!

octavio

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks like they are just being Tiger Barbs. They tend to fight one another. They aren't the most peaceful fish. They're pretty, but kind of cranky.

tiffanyfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Tell me about it! They constantly annoy some of my tetras and the tetras are so over it. Anyways, thank you. I'm just trying to look for others' opinions. I hope they don't end up fighting to the death :/

octavio

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They most likely won't fight each other to death, but the will constantly pick on guppies, tetras, catfish minding their own business. Everything except larger more aggressive fish. Larger tetras such as black and Buenos Aires tetras. Other barbs can hold their own against the little critters, too. Rosy Barbs are good competition and will give tigers a run for their money. Good luck with them. :)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom